2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
2007 Avalanche LTZ
By Tyler on 09/16/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased my Avalanche in late 2007 as a replacement for my 2000 Silverado Extended Cab. I wasn't sold on the the previous years Avalanches, as they appeared to be "cheaply" made. My wife liked the Avalanche and convinced me to give up my practical pick-up for a vehicle that would accomodate our 3 kids, yet still offer the functionality that I required (pick-up bed). I've been more than pleasantly surprised. It rides terrific. I own a contracting business and tow a large boat. The Avalanche hauls and tows large loads with no problem while maintaining considerable interior luxury. I highly recommend the navigation system. Additionally, I recommend the DVD player if you have kids.

Electriclal Problem
By not to happy on 09/16/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the look of the car, and the fact that I can go out to dinner with fricends, and the next day toss lumber in the back. That is what I liked most about this SUV. But I have had issues with the Nav. system and a loud popping noise that shoots through the speakers, and you never know when but then the nav and dash systems blinks off and then comes back on (for now).

2007 LTZ
By Colorado Avalanche on 07/11/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had not planned on getting one at the time, but I am sure glad that I did. LTZ package is awesome (wish I had the Navigation\Backup Camera\DVD package, but no complaints). I've towed a utility trailer, pop-up camper and full- size camper in the Colorado mountains with no problems. Sound system is great, interior is comfortable, engine is powerful, utility aspect is wonderful and, of course, it looks great. Yeah, it uses some gas, but you have to consider that before you buy it. I'm at 19,000 miles right now and I'd buy it all over again.

Great Truck
By AZ Avalanche on 06/21/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 Z71 Avalanche 1 year ago. Have 18,000 + miles with not a single problem. Truck has great, smooth power and excellent fit and finish. Rides extremely smooth even with Z71 package. In construction and usually get a new truck every 6 months, but plan to keep this one. Very comfortable with well placed and logical controls. Gas mileage averaging 14.8 over 18k of driving all in city. Best all around vehicle out today.

I like mine
By Endsley on 06/08/08 06:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was pleasantly surprised at the quiet ride, and the seats provide good support and comfort. I have the rear end lock up on my 2wd. Every so often I'll go off road when fishing, but stick to trails. Glad The OnStar is a great feature and I really like the XM radio

Terriffic Vehicle
By Happy in Colorado! on 06/06/08 22:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Avi in California, drove it in desert with great comfort. Moved to Colorado mountains; with ABS, Stabili- trak, and 4WD on 20" wheels you simply cannot get this vehicle stuck in the Colorado winter! Much better comfort and feeling of safety and security than in my previous 2006 Avi. Fuel economy is very acceptable for the size of the Avi; E-85 delivers almost same mpg as gasoline; plenty of E-85 in Colorado and at about a dollar a gallon less cost that gasoline the cost factor is impressive, even with a slightly lower mpg. Much better in winter in the Rockies than my neighbors Escalade with 2WD.

Glad I bought it
By bill on 05/20/08 04:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My best mileage around town to work is 17. The best I've had on road (285 mi. One way) is 19.8. Use the cruise and keep your foot out of it. I tow my 8000 lb. Bobcat 200 miles (road) and get 13.2 nothing to complain about. My p/u only got 10. I will buy another Avalanche. I drive it like it's my Caddy and I'm 64.

An outstanding truck/SUV
By dlz on 04/12/08 02:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far my Av has been a great performer. Looks terrific in Metallic Gray and 20" rims. Locker rear end handles snow, ice and mud very well even in 2WD. Nicest, roomiest rear seats this side of a Ram Megacab. Cargo versatility is ridiculous- stuffed it to the brim with drywall and even rolled out a sleeping bag and spent the night in it when no hotels could be found! The ultimate highway cruiser-like a Cadillac. The fuel consumption readout helps keep your driving style conservative. The blind spots are big but the mirrors provide very good vision and the parking sensors are very accurate, even on something like a skinny pole. I'm very pleased with my Av!

My Truck
By Dave on 04/09/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Avalanche. My wife was not sure but she loves every thing about it now. I had a Chevy that would get 35 mpg on the highway but I traded mpg for how I feel after a long trip. To maximize fuel economy it shows when you are in V8 mode or V4 mode and it will show you how much mpg you are getting. By watching my "mode" I can get 21 mpg on the highway or 18 with the E85 fuel. Plus after driving from Iowa to Texas and back again I felt like I drove accross town. I wish I could afford one today for my wife.

Nothing like it at all!
By Surf Guru on 01/19/08 12:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning just about every kind of suv, car, truck, I purchased this from a friend and cannot wait to get behind the wheel each day. Sold a 2007 Toyota Tacoma Sport and replaced it with this vehicle and would never go back. LTZ equipment package, 6.0 366 hp engine tops. Get the factory navigation if you can.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.