Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Like a Rock
By Tyrone

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 109,000 miles on this truck in 30 months only having to replace an evap sensor at about 65.00. The ride is superb. My family actually looks forward to trips in this vehicle. I always liked the Av, but didn't buy the earlier model because of the plastic body cladding. When we wear this one out will definitely by another.

Ride, XM Radio, Onstar, Locking tailgate,Overall looks.

Better fuel economy

This truck
By bowins

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2007 Avalanche never ceases to impress. It looks good, drives like a cadillac, and is just pure joy. Bose stereo and electric moonroof make it oh soo much better. These guys are known to burn oil, a local dealership was able to take care of it for me though. This thing runs smooth.

Bose and Sliding Moonroof.

The interior fabric is great when new and very comfortable. However, it puts a death grip on any and all lint. As well, this is not a great truck for child seats using the latch system.

Best Truck I have ever owned!
By Bman-Colorado

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in December 2007 and have just eclipsed 25K. I honestly wake up every day excited that I get to drive it:~). I have put a few modifications on it such as the performance air intake, Magnaflo exhaust as well as a superchip (which, believe it or not improved my gas mileage). Last summer i bought an Coleman E3 pop- up trailer and was amazed how easy it hauled! I have taken it 4wheeling and it does superbly [i now wish i had a skid plate:~)] As to the fuel economy: I bought a truck! It has an engine that equates to a Chevy 350! I did not or do not expect to get 15mpg. (with the superchip however i have received 16.5 in the city and 21 on the highway) GREAT TRUCK!

On-Star (never thought i would need it until my wife locked our son in the truck) Sound System-Bose Rear Stereo Controls which require headphones:~) The covered bed with an easily removable taneu cover. Towing capabilities. Performance THIS IS MY 1ST CHEVY AND I HAVE NOTHING BUT PRAISE!!!

there is nothing really to improve. i liked the old style bumpers because it had a "step" to get into the bed but other then that...nothing!

quality built truck
By mike

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second AV. my 2002 had 200k miles when I sold it and never went to dealer for anything. My 2007 LTZ 2 wd now has 130k and only been in once for a cam sensor ($150.00) and recall for battery drain issue. Like my 2002 it's as tight as the day I bought it. no rattle,squeaks or flexing. I tow and haul often and does fine. I have the oil changed every 10-12k w/ synthetic oil and changed brakes at 104K and trans fluid at 100K. That's all I've done. I hear people talk about American cars and just don't understand where they are coming from. I think it's just largely perception of poor quality.

overall quality of build. comfort, ride. Everyone comments on the nice ride.

black plastic fade issue.

Not Happy
By Mike

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission went out at 40,000 miles. I have had in shop 4 times for rattles and grinding noise in steering column. They never got it fixed and I have given up on the dealership. I had 03 model and the interior was better on it. This one seems cheaper made and less comfortable.

Highway ride is still best thing about this model.

Better workmanship and higher quality parts.