2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Great SUV/Truck
By Batteman87 on 04/04/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just made the jump to this vech. My wife and I love it so far. Offers great get up and go when needed. Goes from V8 mode to 4 cyldr when the power is not needed. Ride is great. Turns like a truck should turn. I expected this to be poor from what I read but have been surprised with how good it is for a truck of it's size. Fun to drive. Feel very safe in it.

Like a Rock
By Tyrone on 04/01/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 109,000 miles on this truck in 30 months only having to replace an evap sensor at about 65.00. The ride is superb. My family actually looks forward to trips in this vehicle. I always liked the Av, but didn't buy the earlier model because of the plastic body cladding. When we wear this one out will definitely by another.

This truck
By bowins on 03/19/10 17:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2007 Avalanche never ceases to impress. It looks good, drives like a cadillac, and is just pure joy. Bose stereo and electric moonroof make it oh soo much better. These guys are known to burn oil, a local dealership was able to take care of it for me though. This thing runs smooth.

Best Truck I have ever owned!
By Bman-Colorado on 03/10/10 14:14 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in December 2007 and have just eclipsed 25K. I honestly wake up every day excited that I get to drive it:~). I have put a few modifications on it such as the performance air intake, Magnaflo exhaust as well as a superchip (which, believe it or not improved my gas mileage). Last summer i bought an Coleman E3 pop- up trailer and was amazed how easy it hauled! I have taken it 4wheeling and it does superbly [i now wish i had a skid plate:~)] As to the fuel economy: I bought a truck! It has an engine that equates to a Chevy 350! I did not or do not expect to get 15mpg. (with the superchip however i have received 16.5 in the city and 21 on the highway) GREAT TRUCK!

quality built truck
By mike on 02/06/10 11:49 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second AV. my 2002 had 200k miles when I sold it and never went to dealer for anything. My 2007 LTZ 2 wd now has 130k and only been in once for a cam sensor ($150.00) and recall for battery drain issue. Like my 2002 it's as tight as the day I bought it. no rattle,squeaks or flexing. I tow and haul often and does fine. I have the oil changed every 10-12k w/ synthetic oil and changed brakes at 104K and trans fluid at 100K. That's all I've done. I hear people talk about American cars and just don't understand where they are coming from. I think it's just largely perception of poor quality.

Not Happy
By Mike on 01/21/10 09:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission went out at 40,000 miles. I have had in shop 4 times for rattles and grinding noise in steering column. They never got it fixed and I have given up on the dealership. I had 03 model and the interior was better on it. This one seems cheaper made and less comfortable.

she is still tickin
By curtdeznutz on 11/16/09 08:30 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

awesome truck she is at 175000km and no probs other than the back up sens but that quit at 30,000km and never bothered to fix it cuz not needed. drive it rather hard off road. also i work in the oil patch and in the winter i never fret the roads with this truck. only complaint is how wide the box is.

Transmission Problems
By Richard on 11/09/09 09:40 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my transmission replaced once and rebuilt twice in 36k miles. First was at 16K miles-all gears except 1st and reverse gone. Next was at 26k miles. Gears 3 and 4 gone. Next was at 36K miles last month. Gears 3 and 4 gone. I have just about every other oil change they have had to fix the transmission. I have owned this since new and never use it to tow.

Good truck, dont expect miracles!!
By PaulM141 on 10/01/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, GM did a great job with this redesign. The wife and kids love the interior. Have the Rear DVD for the kids, and I will say it is a godsend. Ride is really good, nice and smooth. Decent fit and finish. I think GM could have done better with the gas mileage. I know this is a 6,000lb truck, and I expected poor economy, but I am averaging 11-13mpg regularly around town. I hoped cruising the interstate in primarily V4 mode would help, but alas 16-18mpg on the highway. Great utility in this truck, just be aware that odds are you will get 15mpg on average, and that gets worse with E85 fuel. Other than that I love this truck, but costs to drive are too high for me.

Enjoying the ride
By Mark on 09/03/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a gently used and fully loaded LTZ and love the truck. Just came back from 2,400 trip and was glad I took it. Plenty of room for luggage in box/trunk. Felt safe on the road being higher up. Could see great when driving in bad weather with too. Handled well even at higher speeds. Kids loved the DVD player. Bought it because wanted a box to haul things, and a size like a surburban. Sharp looking truck. Now wife wants one too. No surprise on fuel economy, 12 mpg city, 18 hwy @ 65mph. I live where there's alot of snow so the extra weight helps with traction, much less rear slippage than a pickup.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.