Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

2007 LTZ Avalanche - Read the complaints before spending the money
By aq67

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

50/50 chance once the problems start.
I read so many good things about this vehicle that I wish I would have known the key words to research the bad.
Like "Low Oil - Shut Off Engine" and then the "Traction control off", "Stabilitrak off", "Reduced Engine Power", "High Oil Consumption", threads & threads of people having problems with the same issues and GM is aware of it.
Do your research a little deeper and look up what I mentioned here, then after reading about engine replacements - decide and I wish you the best - I truly do!

Used to love everything about this vehicle - would again if all the problems would stop after having the truck less than 7 months!

Read the threads from your consumers, Chevy Pride is diminishing for many American consumers.

Best vehicle I've owned, Driving it until it explodes!!!
By 07avalancheman

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my used 07 Avalanche in 08 with 21K miles for $29K which included the GMPP 5yr/75Kmile extended warrant.
The truck has performed well and I've used the extended warranty on the AC condencer, tailgate handle assembly, replaced the steering wheel (due to unusual wear) and a few other little things.

The ride is amazing, it handles well in snow and it's extremely safe.
I've had a few people run into my truck and while my trucK took very little damage while the other vehicles were destroyed.
I'd rather have a giant tank of a vehile than a little death trap anyday.
Also, with the backup sensors, I can park anywhere and once you learn the size, you can too.
GREAT VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sheer size of the vehicle, sleek look and I love how other men have major envy when they pull up in a mini-van or cheesy car. It's huge tonka truck and is the perfect combination of luxury and practicality. Good power in the engine, reliable as well. The interior is leather and the Bose sound system rocks! I also have the 20" rims which make it look great. If you have 18" rims, it looks silly. The v8 to V4 on the highway is a great feature as well and I'm looking forward more flexfuel options in the future as gas stations offer them across the country.

Better gas mileage would be my only issue really. (BUT, this is a huge vehicle, so what do you expect?) Some people cry about the fading of the plastic on the back of the vehicle, but there is a product by CarWORX called plastic retorer that is wonderful. It brought back the color 100% without any black dye or paint like all others I've seen on the market. I found it on ebay and it works perfectly. I really have no other suggestions.

Looks great but be aware
By LIKE A ROCK?

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I only drive this vehicle on the weekends. Other than that it sits in a heated garage. Since it has been out of warranty I have had to install 3 back up sensors, a new drop down harness for the spare tire, a ehab sensor on the engine, a tire sensor, and a harness rubbed on the differential and needed to be repaired. The vehicle has already had three safety recalls. This was a 55000 dollar vehicle. The avalanche was my dream vehicle and I can see why the US is falling behind in car sales.

Love the look and the way it rides.

Take the time and make the vehicle more reliable. I shouldn't have to worry about getting the spare tire down when I need it. Even the manual you deliver with the car states that the tiring "hanging" could be an issue.

Just purchased 07 LTZ hope its worth it.
By Marmax

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 07 AV LTZ, with 43K mi black on black with Nav/Cam, on 11/27/2010 after test driving, Ford F-150, GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, Chevy Silverado 1500, Toyota Tundra Limited. I was close to getting the Tundra but preferred the look of the exterior and interior of the AV much better. I test drove it for a week before my final purchase. I've only had it for six days, but it looks, runs and feels great. I have a tendency to use the cruise control as much as possible and have been getting about 16.5 mpg in the city. This is not my everyday car but I wanted a truck that looked great and could make runs to Home Depot, haul away debris from my DIY projects. SUV insurance rates not a truck.

Exterior and Interior looks. The plush leather seats and wood trim inside. Memory seats for 2 drivers. Easy use of Nav. Great rear camera. The engine switching from V8 to V4.

Nothing yet as I've only had it six days. However, something to help protect the plastic bed cover and fins as the sun tends to discolor them.

3 years and going strong
By Nickster

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well 3 years later and 30k miles and I am still in love with this truck. Came home today and my next door neighbor pulled up in his new 2010 Avalanche. HA 3rd one on the block. I have not had any issues with this truck it still looks like it did the day I bought it. Did add 22" wheels and some chrome accents to go along with the other LTZ pieces. Had the Cadillac pieces put on the back and got rid of the plastic pieces as they were starting to fade. I just bought a GMAC extended warranty as well as this truck is a keeper. I could not be happier with quality, reliability and the exterior looks.

Backup camera, gorgeous interior, stylish exterior, on-star, smooth ride and the whole mid-gate design and function.

Not much really a split mid gate and power rear window would be cool