Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

3 years and going strong
By Nickster

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well 3 years later and 30k miles and I am still in love with this truck. Came home today and my next door neighbor pulled up in his new 2010 Avalanche. HA 3rd one on the block. I have not had any issues with this truck it still looks like it did the day I bought it. Did add 22" wheels and some chrome accents to go along with the other LTZ pieces. Had the Cadillac pieces put on the back and got rid of the plastic pieces as they were starting to fade. I just bought a GMAC extended warranty as well as this truck is a keeper. I could not be happier with quality, reliability and the exterior looks.

Backup camera, gorgeous interior, stylish exterior, on-star, smooth ride and the whole mid-gate design and function.

Not much really a split mid gate and power rear window would be cool

GM lost a customer
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Leased this truck through my company and it is the best truck in the world as long as it does not leave the drive way. This truck squeaks coming from right front wheel on start up to 30 mph, it can be heard from blocks away. Had it to the dealership at least 9x & they could never duplicate the problem even though I have it on video which I'm posting to youtube this week. Love the look and function of the truck, cant beat that. The interior of my LTZ I will put against any of the foreign luxury cars, it comes with everything and GM hit a home run there. My other car is an 08 Denali but for the money that GM wants & there poor customer service I really cant see going back to them. Sorry.

The interior and design of the truck I love, when people get in it they are pleasantly surprised. Folding mirrors, back up camera heated seats and function ability from full truck to panels on is a great concept.

When your customer calls, don't snub them and blow them off with GM bucks to put towards a new GM. Would have loved it if I hadn't been embarrassed to drive it.

Wish I didn't have to sell it
By Paul

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Developed a rear main seal leak when I first bought it. Panels around the vents began to oxidize from the air conditioning. Love the turning radius. Like the midgate. Sound system is pretty good. Generally got 11 mpg city, but was surprised at the 6-7 mpg jump on the highway.

Midgate, ambient outside temp gauge, turning radius, rear entertainment, integrated phone.

when gas prices were $4+, I was spending over $120 to fill up. Need to get better MPG. Need to have headphones for the rear entertainment system as a low cost option.

"No replacement for displacement"
By JS

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I now know why the 6.0 L engine was dropped on the LTZ from the option sheet. I read all the reviews posted here and no one ordered the optional engine. I drove from NYC to Florida, and from Savana GA, to West Palm beach Fla. I recorded 18 MPG with the cruise set at 77 MPH. My avalanche now has 75,000 Mi and runs very strong. It has a 4.10 rear axle and I use a K&N air filter. There is a noticeable difference in acceleration when using 87 Octane compared to 91 or higher. At speeds over 70 the engine will run in 4 cyl mode for long periods on level ground. I drive from Queens to Manhattan daily and average 13+ mpg. When driving up in the mountains of NY state I avg around 16. Bigger is better.

6.0 L engine. 8 ft bed when needed. Great Interior although some squeaks that are annoying. Very comfortable on long trips. Great looks. Rain sense wipers. Auto start.

Bring back the 6.0 or 6.2 L engine option.

Love it.
By jpeagle21

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought one of these in 07 as a program vehicle with 5000 miles. Loved it, but when gas prices went up to over $3.50 we traded in for a Saturn Vue. BIG mistake. Didn't know what we had till it was gone. My wife decided she wanted a big truck again recently. She wanted a truck, but with all the bells and whistles normally found in SUVs (heated seats, DVD, nice interior). Looked at everything out there and fell back to the Avalanche. Bought another 2007 model this year with 44,000 miles and love it, again. Will not sell again, I don't care if gas goes to $10.00 a gallon.

Exterior looks, especially with the 20 inch wheels. Ride comfort. Covered, versatile bed. Every option I can think of is in this truck (LTZ model).

Better gas mileage. More aggressive power and sound. The power is adequate, but I like fast vehicles.