Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Tows our 6,200 Lb Trailer Like a Champ
By Camper Man

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We ordered our 2007 Avalanche specifically to tow our Outback travel trailer. We equipped it with the optional 6.0L engine, 4.10 rear end, transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty 4L70E transmision and rear-view camera -- in other words, set up to tow. The Avalanche takes to the hills with confidence! 95% of the time, we use it as a comfortable family hauler. The redesigned interior matches our previous Sequoia in comfort and thoughtfulness of design. The drivetrain is not as smooth or refined as the Toyota's, but GM is getting closer. I can feel the 6.0L "burble" at idle, while the Toyota 4.7L was virtually silent. This is my first-ever GM vehicle -- and so far I have been pleased.

The versatility is unbeatable. The Avalanche is perfect for our family with two boys in sports and all the running around that entails. The cargo box serves as a secure and weather-tight trunk for groceries, sports gear, etc. Or, you can pull off the covers, load up the dogs or bikes and just go!

This vehicle has lots of other positives -- the XM radio, navigation system, and rear camera are wonderful features. However, GM needs to modernize its engine and transmission options. A 5-speed transmission will available in 2008 or 2009; but who else still uses a 4-speed transmission?

2007 Avalanche
By Wayne

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I realize now that all of the reviews I read before purchasing are true. The new Avalanche rides like a luxury car but, it is a lumbering beast. You would never guess that it has 300HP, you really have to step on it to get it to go. Averaging 16 miles/gallon. If you are looking for pep or gas mileage, forget it. If you are looking for luxury and versatility, it is an awesome vehicle.

Ride, looks, and versatility.

Power and/or gas mileage.

Chevy has a Winner with this Truck
By Christy

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a pleasure to drive. Versatile, comfortable on long trips and the quality is excellent. I have had zero problems, rattles or any other issues with this truck. Being a woman I like the way it sits up so you get a better view of the road. I will definetly buy another one.

Comfort, performance, flex fuel engine, acceleration, looks

I feel rear parking assist should be standard. When you're in the city trying to back up, you have to pay attention.

Great Vehicle
By MCH

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2005 Avalanche and this is a much improved vehicle. The front suspension is much improved and no longer pops and shakes like the older body style. The inside is much nicer and quieter too. Rear back-up sensors are a must, as rear visibility is terrible.

Love the versatility. Can be a SUV or a pick-up.

Insulate rear coolers. Ice melts too fast. Improve gas mileage.

Unexpected Airbag Deployment
By Frustrated

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 46th Chevrolet that I have owned. Options WoW, loaded to the max. Smooth driving and handling. Power to weight ratio in the drain. I have driven 11,000 miles in 5 months. Window sticker advertises 16 city 21 highway, the best I have acheived is 11.9, dealer now tell me thats normal. Today while driving on a bumpy road at appr.25 mph both side airbags deployed. Not sure how this is going to work out, but I am going to try and go back to a crew cab 1500 Z-71 Chevy truck. I have had 11 repairs with this Avalanche and I have lost faith in it. This is my first regretable Chevrolet purchase. I have loved the Vettes and trucks that I have owned. The floorboard creaks when turning also.

The overall looks and the awesome ride.

Tell the truth about the fuel economy. I even have the flex fuel engine. This vehicle is a pig.