2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Won me over
By peter on 08/01/06 16:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Should have bought a 4dr truck but the ride and handling was what won me over. Acceleration is awesome. Sheet metal fit is excellent but the paint has some dirt and craters. The Active Fuel Management system is a joke, 15 to 17 MPG on highway but will get 20 driving in the 45 MPH range.

Love my new '07 Av
By Zooks on 07/31/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hadn't even planned to look at Chevy in my quest for a new SUV. Drove by a dealer and figured "what the heck I'll take a quick look". Drove out in a new 2007 Avalanche :-)! Packed with options inside, love the 20" factory rims and new body style outside. Very quiet and smooth ride. Great towing capacity!

Great Drive
By tom herber on 07/29/06 16:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've been driving a Dodge for 10 years. When I first looked at this vehicle, I couldn't wait to drive it. I'm very happy with my decision to purchase this vehicle.

2007 Avalanche
By Jerry on 07/20/06 16:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had my mind set on a F-150 until my wife conviced me to drive the 2007 Avalanche. This is the most flexible and comfortable truck I have ever driven. It looks great and really "works" like a truck. I highly recommend that you drive it. But be careful, once you do, you will not settle for anything else

Nice Ride
By Andy on 07/17/06 17:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is without doubt the most practical vehicle I've ever purchased. The new exterior and interior are a huge leap forward for GM from the old model.

Couldn't wait for the next Silverado
By Steve R on 07/10/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The new style is tops for GM. I've seen the spy photos of the new Silverados and wasn't blown away. Didn't really want an Avalanche, but found one that had every option but a heated block. Dealer made me a fair deal and I jumped on it. From my '03 Silverado SS, this vehicle glows with class and style.

2007 LT3
By RKind1 on 07/08/06 07:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got my Avalanche on the 4th of July. Looking to get a deal on a 2006, but looked inside a 2007 and was swayed. I have Ebony leather interior, and it is stunning. The woodgrain dash makes you think you're in the Escalade. It handles suberbly and has good acceleration. The electronics are amazing, and I even got a Verizon line for my in car phone. I have been looking at the Avs for a while, and am glad I waited.

As Advertised and then some
By ryNH on 07/03/06 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just picked up and drove 500 miles rountrip to New York. Simply put it was a great ride. Did not miss the '04 Vette convertible for the weekend.. The Active Fuel Management worked. I got better numbers then the other review. However, cruse control is out or it will sit in v8 mode. iPod quality was flawless, sunroof was not noisy. I was also very happy with the build quality. Handling was fine for long windy thin roads from NY-VT-NH.

2007 Chevy Avalanche is a Winner
By dogmike on 07/02/06 19:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 1999 Chevy Silverado and I am very happy with the Avalanche. Chevy has definitely began to compete in the truck arena with quality vehicles, it was almost too late, but sure glad they did it for the 2007 model year, because I was leaning toward the Honda Ridgeline. I was turned off with the 2006 models. Chevy's quality, yes quality material and updated interior and exterior designs sold me. Take one for a test drive see for yourself.

'07 LTZ
By mlbender on 05/31/06 07:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We just picked up our '07 LTZ. So far it's been absolutely wonderful. We've got every option but the Nav/rear cam. Previously had a '00 Yukon, and the new platform is by far superior. Love the new interior, very high quality materials, no "cheap plastic" look that was common with GM for so long. We've been running only E85 because it's almost $0.60 cheaper here (South Dakota) than regular unleaded. We're getting about 11mpg in town and 15 or so on the highway. That compares to about 14/18 with the Yukon on 10% Ethanol. I'm going to run a tank of 10% Ethanol next time to get an idea of how well the Active Fuel Management does. So far, can't tell when it's in V4 vs. V8. Been great!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.