Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Best Vehicle on the Planet
By Rocky II

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a loaded '07 LTZ that I traded the intial '02 Z71 for. Loved the first one so much after 5 year and 92K miles, I had to have the new one. There are huge improvements to this GMT900 version in all areas including comfort, accessories, performance, handling, and fuel mileage. The new Active Fuel Mgmt system gives 16.5- 17.0 MPG City and 18.8-20.4 Hwy. It has retained most of the good things the original had with better features. Still too pricey at a $45K list.

Beautiful design (inside and out), XM Radio, Nav system, Backup camera, comfort, DVD player....and the best ride on the planet. Still mostly a truck function but with car-like handling, comfort and features

Bring back the tinted windshield visor strip, the dual truck bed lights and the rear foot-step bumper and add a 6- speed automatic transmission like the Caddy Escalade Ext.

Awesome
By Ted

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my '03 Z71 with 100,000 and no problems and did not think the '07 could be better overall....but it is. Ride is a lot better, fuel economy better, handling better, features a lot better. What a fantastic piece of equipment again. This is the first time I have purchased the same vehicle for a second time.....fantastic.

Handles great, performs great.

6th gear as an overdrive. Hybrid models. Diesel upgrades

1 year later, still love it
By teflonjpr

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned our Avalanche for 1 year, and still are glad we bought it. Fuel mileage has increased, now getting about 21-22 mpg if we keep the speed at or below 75 mph. The 4 cyl mode started kicking in noticeably more once we passed 15,000 miles. Some minor squeaks started in the trim, but tighentened a couple of screws and they have gone away. Only minor problem we have had is with the door handle pulls, metal has started to delaminate from the plastic at the edges, fixed it with super-glue until we can get it into the dealer. It's a cross country machine, 500+ mi on a tank of gas, 1000+ mi a day with minimal driver fatigue. Makes the trip between Reno & LA a breeze.

Drives & rides very well for a vehicle its size. Displacement on demand, 310 hp, 330 lbft torque, 20+ mpg highway. Steering wheel cruise & audio controls big improvement over turn-signal does all.

Bigger glove box, side airbags standard on all models. A 6-speed auto trans to further help the mpg. Expect to get a lot of people flashing their hi-beams at you due to bright lo-beam headlights. Slightly bigger side-view mirrors with the reverse function like the Silverado.

Greystone/Ebony 4WD LTZ
By Watchman

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've only owned this vehicle for a week but I can say that after driving the Nissan Titan and the Chevy Silverado, the Suburban based Avalanche has the best finished interior and best ride of the three vehicles. The 5.3L (327ci) engine feels a bit undersized but the fuel economy is surprising so I have no complaints with performance. It would be nice if the engine would idle in 4 cyl mode to further improve city mileage. A 6 or 7 spd transmission would help bolster acceleration as well as mileage. The column shifter somewhat obscures the sterio controls. Seating is comfortable and the large console storage is a plus. Steering wheel audio control functionality is better than in my Acura-Nice!

Midgate makes the vehicle--it's what I bought it for. Heated leather w/memory, adj pedals, gauge cluster well thought out, info center is very helpful, XM, 20" wheels, ride quality, looks, better mileage than my old 3.5L V6 midsize SUV.

Child seat anchors should be placed for easier access, extend rear of cab a few inches to allow midgate to fold down without making me adjust my seat forward, very faint rattle from reat seat area unacceptable from new vehicle, add console shifter to get column shifter out of way of sterio controls.

My first...and won't be my last Chevy
By Wolf

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Been a Mopar/Ford guy all my life until now and am very pleased with my Avalanche LT. It tows my boat better than the Ford I had and yet rides like a sedan. Well appointed inside; the family loves the room, cup holders and power outlets. Very glad to have seven airbags too safety-wise. Lots of storage room and the tonneau cover is easy to remove. Plenty of spots to tie down a large load in the bed too. Way to go GM!

Controls on the steering column, heated mirrors, back up system as the view straight back is impaired.

None.