2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Just purchased 07 LTZ hope its worth it.
By Marmax on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 07 AV LTZ, with 43K mi black on black with Nav/Cam, on 11/27/2010 after test driving, Ford F-150, GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, Chevy Silverado 1500, Toyota Tundra Limited. I was close to getting the Tundra but preferred the look of the exterior and interior of the AV much better. I test drove it for a week before my final purchase. I've only had it for six days, but it looks, runs and feels great. I have a tendency to use the cruise control as much as possible and have been getting about 16.5 mpg in the city. This is not my everyday car but I wanted a truck that looked great and could make runs to Home Depot, haul away debris from my DIY projects. SUV insurance rates not a truck.

Wish I didn't have to sell it
By Paul on 04/17/10 11:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Developed a rear main seal leak when I first bought it. Panels around the vents began to oxidize from the air conditioning. Love the turning radius. Like the midgate. Sound system is pretty good. Generally got 11 mpg city, but was surprised at the 6-7 mpg jump on the highway.

Love it.
By jpeagle21 on 04/14/10 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought one of these in 07 as a program vehicle with 5000 miles. Loved it, but when gas prices went up to over $3.50 we traded in for a Saturn Vue. BIG mistake. Didn't know what we had till it was gone. My wife decided she wanted a big truck again recently. She wanted a truck, but with all the bells and whistles normally found in SUVs (heated seats, DVD, nice interior). Looked at everything out there and fell back to the Avalanche. Bought another 2007 model this year with 44,000 miles and love it, again. Will not sell again, I don't care if gas goes to $10.00 a gallon.

Like a Rock
By Tyrone on 04/01/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 109,000 miles on this truck in 30 months only having to replace an evap sensor at about 65.00. The ride is superb. My family actually looks forward to trips in this vehicle. I always liked the Av, but didn't buy the earlier model because of the plastic body cladding. When we wear this one out will definitely by another.

quality built truck
By mike on 02/06/10 11:49 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second AV. my 2002 had 200k miles when I sold it and never went to dealer for anything. My 2007 LTZ 2 wd now has 130k and only been in once for a cam sensor ($150.00) and recall for battery drain issue. Like my 2002 it's as tight as the day I bought it. no rattle,squeaks or flexing. I tow and haul often and does fine. I have the oil changed every 10-12k w/ synthetic oil and changed brakes at 104K and trans fluid at 100K. That's all I've done. I hear people talk about American cars and just don't understand where they are coming from. I think it's just largely perception of poor quality.

Not Happy
By Mike on 01/21/10 09:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission went out at 40,000 miles. I have had in shop 4 times for rattles and grinding noise in steering column. They never got it fixed and I have given up on the dealership. I had 03 model and the interior was better on it. This one seems cheaper made and less comfortable.

Transmission Problems
By Richard on 11/09/09 09:40 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my transmission replaced once and rebuilt twice in 36k miles. First was at 16K miles-all gears except 1st and reverse gone. Next was at 26k miles. Gears 3 and 4 gone. Next was at 36K miles last month. Gears 3 and 4 gone. I have just about every other oil change they have had to fix the transmission. I have owned this since new and never use it to tow.

Great for fun, work if U can afford gas
By Z71 on 07/07/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I owned so far! The versatility of this vehicle is exceptional. Great interior and exterior designs for work and fun. I got it with the Z71 pkg. special grill, running boards, sunroof, DVD/CAM, DVD based Navigation (which is not preferred), towing kit and every things else. Black color is very nice but too hot for S. Florida. The bed cover is great and you can keep things in it with no worries. When the seats are down you have room to put drywall 4x8 and keep it enclosed. This is amazing! I was very happy with it and proud driving it but had to give it up because of fuel costs.

Happy with a few complaints
By Sunburst Orange on 01/26/09 19:28 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is absolutely gorgeous, so many compliments, rivals that of my Corvette. As far as mpg not bad for what you are driving. Drives nice but I encourage all buyers to purchase air ride! Makes your $40,000 vehicle ride like a $40K should. This is a big vehicle with lots of blind spots. Get back up camera for sure! Another problem, to lower the mid gate you have to move both front seats up a lot! Not even an option for long trips. Seats aren't as comfortable as I would like but maybe it's just me. Light in bed should be controlled by tailgate not courtesy lights. I have had a few things that seem like they need replaced but I bought mine used so might just be driven rough. I love it.

Dissappointed
By Flyboy737 on 11/23/08 17:20 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First brand new vehicle and first time owning a Chevy truck. Few problems initially with only 1 recall for heated wipers, which they did during oil change. Unfortunately, after rolling just 19k, transmission crapped out. I baby my truck, so when pulling out in traffic the tranny goes. I'm not a happy camper. Up to this point, have been happy with my truck. But this experience definitely leaves a sour taste. Might not go back to Chevy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.