Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Just purchased 07 LTZ hope its worth it.
By Marmax

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 07 AV LTZ, with 43K mi black on black with Nav/Cam, on 11/27/2010 after test driving, Ford F-150, GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, Chevy Silverado 1500, Toyota Tundra Limited. I was close to getting the Tundra but preferred the look of the exterior and interior of the AV much better. I test drove it for a week before my final purchase. I've only had it for six days, but it looks, runs and feels great. I have a tendency to use the cruise control as much as possible and have been getting about 16.5 mpg in the city. This is not my everyday car but I wanted a truck that looked great and could make runs to Home Depot, haul away debris from my DIY projects. SUV insurance rates not a truck.

Favorite Features

Exterior and Interior looks. The plush leather seats and wood trim inside. Memory seats for 2 drivers. Easy use of Nav. Great rear camera. The engine switching from V8 to V4.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing yet as I've only had it six days. However, something to help protect the plastic bed cover and fins as the sun tends to discolor them.

Wish I didn't have to sell it
By Paul

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Developed a rear main seal leak when I first bought it. Panels around the vents began to oxidize from the air conditioning. Love the turning radius. Like the midgate. Sound system is pretty good. Generally got 11 mpg city, but was surprised at the 6-7 mpg jump on the highway.

Favorite Features

Midgate, ambient outside temp gauge, turning radius, rear entertainment, integrated phone.

Suggested Improvements

when gas prices were $4+, I was spending over $120 to fill up. Need to get better MPG. Need to have headphones for the rear entertainment system as a low cost option.

Love it.
By jpeagle21

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought one of these in 07 as a program vehicle with 5000 miles. Loved it, but when gas prices went up to over $3.50 we traded in for a Saturn Vue. BIG mistake. Didn't know what we had till it was gone. My wife decided she wanted a big truck again recently. She wanted a truck, but with all the bells and whistles normally found in SUVs (heated seats, DVD, nice interior). Looked at everything out there and fell back to the Avalanche. Bought another 2007 model this year with 44,000 miles and love it, again. Will not sell again, I don't care if gas goes to $10.00 a gallon.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, especially with the 20 inch wheels. Ride comfort. Covered, versatile bed. Every option I can think of is in this truck (LTZ model).

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. More aggressive power and sound. The power is adequate, but I like fast vehicles.

Like a Rock
By Tyrone

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 109,000 miles on this truck in 30 months only having to replace an evap sensor at about 65.00. The ride is superb. My family actually looks forward to trips in this vehicle. I always liked the Av, but didn't buy the earlier model because of the plastic body cladding. When we wear this one out will definitely by another.

Favorite Features

Ride, XM Radio, Onstar, Locking tailgate,Overall looks.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy

quality built truck
By mike

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second AV. my 2002 had 200k miles when I sold it and never went to dealer for anything. My 2007 LTZ 2 wd now has 130k and only been in once for a cam sensor ($150.00) and recall for battery drain issue. Like my 2002 it's as tight as the day I bought it. no rattle,squeaks or flexing. I tow and haul often and does fine. I have the oil changed every 10-12k w/ synthetic oil and changed brakes at 104K and trans fluid at 100K. That's all I've done. I hear people talk about American cars and just don't understand where they are coming from. I think it's just largely perception of poor quality.

Favorite Features

overall quality of build. comfort, ride. Everyone comments on the nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

black plastic fade issue.