2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Great SUV/Truck
By Batteman87 on 04/04/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just made the jump to this vech. My wife and I love it so far. Offers great get up and go when needed. Goes from V8 mode to 4 cyldr when the power is not needed. Ride is great. Turns like a truck should turn. I expected this to be poor from what I read but have been surprised with how good it is for a truck of it's size. Fun to drive. Feel very safe in it.

Awesome Truck
By RayRay on 07/07/09 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Upgraded my Silverado to an Avalanche and so far, no disappointments. I love this truck. Smooth on the highways and plenty of power. A great looking truck with a luxury car feel.

It is my mobile office - quite comfy too
By corneliani on 04/21/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you're looking to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, there is no better choice. As a homebuilder I need the function/look of a truck on a jobsite, but it cleans up so well that we use this same truck to go to church, outings, evenings out, everywhere. I've racked up 66k miles in 2.5 years and all I've done are oil changes (whenever the light tells me to) and changed a set of tires (shouldve balanced them more often, was told). I average 4-6 hrs/day in my truck when out, and could not imagine a more comfy ride and interior. At 6'1" and 250lbs it fits like a glove. Fuel economy can be an issue if you have a heavy foot, as I used to, but even though I still drive aggressively I avg 16+ mpg's city.

Electriclal Problem
By not to happy on 09/16/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the look of the car, and the fact that I can go out to dinner with fricends, and the next day toss lumber in the back. That is what I liked most about this SUV. But I have had issues with the Nav. system and a loud popping noise that shoots through the speakers, and you never know when but then the nav and dash systems blinks off and then comes back on (for now).

1 year later, still love it
By teflonjpr on 11/01/07 16:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned our Avalanche for 1 year, and still are glad we bought it. Fuel mileage has increased, now getting about 21-22 mpg if we keep the speed at or below 75 mph. The 4 cyl mode started kicking in noticeably more once we passed 15,000 miles. Some minor squeaks started in the trim, but tighentened a couple of screws and they have gone away. Only minor problem we have had is with the door handle pulls, metal has started to delaminate from the plastic at the edges, fixed it with super-glue until we can get it into the dealer. It's a cross country machine, 500+ mi on a tank of gas, 1000+ mi a day with minimal driver fatigue. Makes the trip between Reno & LA a breeze.

Great Utility Vehicle!
By nca4731630 on 09/14/07 09:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevrolet has hit upon something pretty special with this truck. It is one great vehicle. It can cruise to formal events and can easily transform into a work truck. The mileage is pretty good considering it is a full size truck/Suburban. I was worried about the switching from 8cyl mode to 4cyl mode on the fly but that works superb and is inditinguisable to the driver.

Worth Every Penny
By davisnet on 09/03/07 00:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is truly an awesome and versatile truck. A little soft in the suspension but that can be changed easily. Comfortable to ride in front seats or rear Easily fits 5 tall adults. Beefy and stout when compared to most other full-size trucks on the road. Easy to drive for my wife but yet still enough power for my lead foot.

Best ride in town
By josephous on 05/11/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've never ridden in a truck more comfortable than this. it's apleasure to drive, forgiving. I drove on road trip to Austin from Mississippi, not tiring, and the dvd to boot. Thanks Chevy. A real winner

My first truck - Excellent Choice
By THOMAS on 01/11/07 03:41 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Went to the dealer and drove a fully loaded 2007 Silverado Classic and also the 2007 Avalanche. No comparison, the ride was extremely smooth and with included and removable lockable cover, ease of conversion to 8' truck bed as well as Active Fuel Management (idles to 4 cylinders on the highway) - it was a no brainer. Would be nice to have more cab storage, but couldn't have gotten a better buy for the money. Getting 18mpg in town and 20 on the highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.