Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Great SUV/Truck
By Batteman87

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just made the jump to this vech. My wife and I love it so far. Offers great get up and go when needed. Goes from V8 mode to 4 cyldr when the power is not needed. Ride is great. Turns like a truck should turn. I expected this to be poor from what I read but have been surprised with how good it is for a truck of it's size. Fun to drive. Feel very safe in it.

Favorite Features

Uses reg gas. Comfort, back up camera, DVD Nav, Bose sound system, Auto start, cooler saddle bags in the bed, bed goes from over 5 ft to just over 8 ft.

Suggested Improvements

I would say gas mileage but, it is a truck with big tires. Don't hesitate, test drive one and you will love it.

Awesome Truck
By RayRay

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Upgraded my Silverado to an Avalanche and so far, no disappointments. I love this truck. Smooth on the highways and plenty of power. A great looking truck with a luxury car feel.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel radio controls, Power driver seat, Awesome exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, improve rear blind spot.

It is my mobile office - quite comfy too
By corneliani

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you're looking to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, there is no better choice. As a homebuilder I need the function/look of a truck on a jobsite, but it cleans up so well that we use this same truck to go to church, outings, evenings out, everywhere. I've racked up 66k miles in 2.5 years and all I've done are oil changes (whenever the light tells me to) and changed a set of tires (shouldve balanced them more often, was told). I average 4-6 hrs/day in my truck when out, and could not imagine a more comfy ride and interior. At 6'1" and 250lbs it fits like a glove. Fuel economy can be an issue if you have a heavy foot, as I used to, but even though I still drive aggressively I avg 16+ mpg's city.

Favorite Features

The backup camera with sensors makes it easier to back in than to pull forward while parking. I love the z71 trim with chrome chicken-wire grille and chrome stepbars. The navi system is nice, though they're cheaper & better aftermarket. The 4x4 is also not worth the maintenance; my diff does the job

Suggested Improvements

My main complaint is the lack of torque. I know this was the compromise to achieve decent gas mileage, but if towing I get 8-10 mpg's. Also, the computer screen and electronics for the navi&stereo controls are slow sometimes. I'd love to use the controls while driving too, instead of pulling over.

Electriclal Problem
By not to happy

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the look of the car, and the fact that I can go out to dinner with fricends, and the next day toss lumber in the back. That is what I liked most about this SUV. But I have had issues with the Nav. system and a loud popping noise that shoots through the speakers, and you never know when but then the nav and dash systems blinks off and then comes back on (for now).

Favorite Features

I like the look of the car, and the way that it drives.

Suggested Improvements

The light gray interior is just to light, it shows the dirt.

1 year later, still love it
By teflonjpr

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned our Avalanche for 1 year, and still are glad we bought it. Fuel mileage has increased, now getting about 21-22 mpg if we keep the speed at or below 75 mph. The 4 cyl mode started kicking in noticeably more once we passed 15,000 miles. Some minor squeaks started in the trim, but tighentened a couple of screws and they have gone away. Only minor problem we have had is with the door handle pulls, metal has started to delaminate from the plastic at the edges, fixed it with super-glue until we can get it into the dealer. It's a cross country machine, 500+ mi on a tank of gas, 1000+ mi a day with minimal driver fatigue. Makes the trip between Reno & LA a breeze.

Favorite Features

Drives & rides very well for a vehicle its size. Displacement on demand, 310 hp, 330 lbft torque, 20+ mpg highway. Steering wheel cruise & audio controls big improvement over turn-signal does all.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger glove box, side airbags standard on all models. A 6-speed auto trans to further help the mpg. Expect to get a lot of people flashing their hi-beams at you due to bright lo-beam headlights. Slightly bigger side-view mirrors with the reverse function like the Silverado.