2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
2 rebuilds under 200k
By pgarvey on 05/31/14 15:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2007 avalance new lifters at 95k. now needs new lifters again. GMC refuses to fix problem. so now i will become a problem for them thru my attorney. oh instead of fixing engine they offered me $1000 of a new vehicle purchase. what a joke. last time i drive a GM product. back to the imports as they last and admit their shortcomings.

2007 LTZ Avalanche - Read the complaints before spending the money
By aq67 on 01/08/14 14:30 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

50/50 chance once the problems start. I read so many good things about this vehicle that I wish I would have known the key words to research the bad. Like "Low Oil - Shut Off Engine" and then the "Traction control off", "Stabilitrak off", "Reduced Engine Power", "High Oil Consumption", threads & threads of people having problems with the same issues and GM is aware of it. Do your research a little deeper and look up what I mentioned here, then after reading about engine replacements - decide and I wish you the best - I truly do!

Best vehicle I've owned, Driving it until it explodes!!!
By 07avalancheman on 10/10/12 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my used 07 Avalanche in 08 with 21K miles for $29K which included the GMPP 5yr/75Kmile extended warrant. The truck has performed well and I've used the extended warranty on the AC condencer, tailgate handle assembly, replaced the steering wheel (due to unusual wear) and a few other little things. The ride is amazing, it handles well in snow and it's extremely safe. I've had a few people run into my truck and while my trucK took very little damage while the other vehicles were destroyed. I'd rather have a giant tank of a vehile than a little death trap anyday. Also, with the backup sensors, I can park anywhere and once you learn the size, you can too. GREAT VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great but be aware
By LIKE A ROCK? on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I only drive this vehicle on the weekends. Other than that it sits in a heated garage. Since it has been out of warranty I have had to install 3 back up sensors, a new drop down harness for the spare tire, a ehab sensor on the engine, a tire sensor, and a harness rubbed on the differential and needed to be repaired. The vehicle has already had three safety recalls. This was a 55000 dollar vehicle. The avalanche was my dream vehicle and I can see why the US is falling behind in car sales.

Just purchased 07 LTZ hope its worth it.
By Marmax on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 07 AV LTZ, with 43K mi black on black with Nav/Cam, on 11/27/2010 after test driving, Ford F-150, GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, Chevy Silverado 1500, Toyota Tundra Limited. I was close to getting the Tundra but preferred the look of the exterior and interior of the AV much better. I test drove it for a week before my final purchase. I've only had it for six days, but it looks, runs and feels great. I have a tendency to use the cruise control as much as possible and have been getting about 16.5 mpg in the city. This is not my everyday car but I wanted a truck that looked great and could make runs to Home Depot, haul away debris from my DIY projects. SUV insurance rates not a truck.

3 years and going strong
By Nickster on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well 3 years later and 30k miles and I am still in love with this truck. Came home today and my next door neighbor pulled up in his new 2010 Avalanche. HA 3rd one on the block. I have not had any issues with this truck it still looks like it did the day I bought it. Did add 22" wheels and some chrome accents to go along with the other LTZ pieces. Had the Cadillac pieces put on the back and got rid of the plastic pieces as they were starting to fade. I just bought a GMAC extended warranty as well as this truck is a keeper. I could not be happier with quality, reliability and the exterior looks.

GM lost a customer
By Dave on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Leased this truck through my company and it is the best truck in the world as long as it does not leave the drive way. This truck squeaks coming from right front wheel on start up to 30 mph, it can be heard from blocks away. Had it to the dealership at least 9x & they could never duplicate the problem even though I have it on video which I'm posting to youtube this week. Love the look and function of the truck, cant beat that. The interior of my LTZ I will put against any of the foreign luxury cars, it comes with everything and GM hit a home run there. My other car is an 08 Denali but for the money that GM wants & there poor customer service I really cant see going back to them. Sorry.

Wish I didn't have to sell it
By Paul on 04/17/10 11:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Developed a rear main seal leak when I first bought it. Panels around the vents began to oxidize from the air conditioning. Love the turning radius. Like the midgate. Sound system is pretty good. Generally got 11 mpg city, but was surprised at the 6-7 mpg jump on the highway.

"No replacement for displacement"
By JS on 04/16/10 19:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I now know why the 6.0 L engine was dropped on the LTZ from the option sheet. I read all the reviews posted here and no one ordered the optional engine. I drove from NYC to Florida, and from Savana GA, to West Palm beach Fla. I recorded 18 MPG with the cruise set at 77 MPH. My avalanche now has 75,000 Mi and runs very strong. It has a 4.10 rear axle and I use a K&N air filter. There is a noticeable difference in acceleration when using 87 Octane compared to 91 or higher. At speeds over 70 the engine will run in 4 cyl mode for long periods on level ground. I drive from Queens to Manhattan daily and average 13+ mpg. When driving up in the mountains of NY state I avg around 16. Bigger is better.

Love it.
By jpeagle21 on 04/14/10 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought one of these in 07 as a program vehicle with 5000 miles. Loved it, but when gas prices went up to over $3.50 we traded in for a Saturn Vue. BIG mistake. Didn't know what we had till it was gone. My wife decided she wanted a big truck again recently. She wanted a truck, but with all the bells and whistles normally found in SUVs (heated seats, DVD, nice interior). Looked at everything out there and fell back to the Avalanche. Bought another 2007 model this year with 44,000 miles and love it, again. Will not sell again, I don't care if gas goes to $10.00 a gallon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.