Avalanche Exceeded Expectations
By Stephen on
2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Given the price of gasoline, I was a bit skeptical in buying this vehicle. However, after completing a 2,000 mile trip to the Pacific Northwest and back I was amazed at the MPG I attained. I averaged close to 22MPG on our trip! Granted, I wasn't towing a trailer, however, for the size of the vehicle and the fact that we had loaded the rear bed with luggage and other travel gear, I was still pleased. The fact that the dealership had discounted the truck $12K from the $38,500 MSRP was the icing on the cake. It was equipped with the on road suspension package, sunroof, XM radio, Bose system, luggage rack, rear entertainment system, leather seats and electronic air. We love it!
Favorite Features
Gas mileage & functionality of the truck. It really is the best of both worlds. Ability to go full size truck or carry passengers (5) with capable bed space for haulage. Appreciate the bed cover being included & the ride is very comfortable with minimal noise & plenty of power. Bose is great!
Suggested Improvements
Would like to have had the better mileage & interior improvements with the '07 Avalanche DOD system, however, they weren't discounting the newer vehicles at this time. Rear visibility issues take a bit to get used to.