2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Simply Wonderful, Great Chevy

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

1500 LS Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 FFV 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed)

Simply Wonderful, Great Chevy
By Sanjay on

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Avalanche about a month ago and absolutely love it. If anyone out there thinks GM is in trouble, please do a test, drive a Toyota, Nissan, Honda and then you'll know what I am talking about. I used to drive Toyota's all the time, until I bought my GMC Sierra in 2000. This convinced me that GM trucks are the best. I bought my Avalanche a month ago and it's a beauty. It rides like a Lexus, it does not have any wind noise like the Tundra or Ridgeline. GM has come a long way building trucks and this simply shows how well they can build it. Again when in doubt, do drive others and you'll come back to the Avalanche. Excellent, ride, comfort, convenice, etc etc etc.

Avalanche style and versatility. Power, comfort, convenience. Love the OnSstar system. Fuel economy is great if you're not lead footed. Computerized multi Information display is excellent. Front and rear seats are comfortable. Lots could be said but overall a great truck!

I would like to have a better in dash cup holders where it slides and can be pushed in when not needed. Rear door storage pockets, rear power windows on midgate. Power locking tailgate. Make better rear visibility. Turn signals standard on side mirrors and side curtain/knee airbags standard.