2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Perfect Truck for me

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

1500 LS Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed)

Perfect Truck for me
By DaveP on

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After about a month of research debating between a full size truck (Tundra or Titan) and an SUV (Xterra) I decided that neither met my needs. The Avalanche not only looks great, but it is powerful, smooth, quiet and fun! I was able to find the exact truck I was looking for (No body cladding, Z-71, with 4.10 gears) This truck is the perfect combination of fun and practicality. I have already hauled my motorcycle in this truck and I plan on camping and using it for a lot of outdoor activity. I highly recomend this truck to anyone deciding between and truck and SUV.

Favorite Features

Open air driving. The one and only warm day we have had this march I had everything folded down and all the windows open. Kind of reminds me of my past Wranglers!

Suggested Improvements

Ugh... Stereo comtadability! I opted to not get the factory nav or Bose system in favor of doing my own system. The DIN and a half fits almost no nav systems and it seems that I might have to lose either the steering wheel controls and or the OnStar features or who knowes what else!