Used 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

This should have been mine before now.
By bob fowler

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a blast to drive. I use it in my business and the enclosed bed is just great for delivering my product.

The over all sportyness. People come up to you and want to talk about the truck.

It's only been a week, give me a chance to get to know the Avalanche better.

Avalanche Exceeded Expectations
By Stephen

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Given the price of gasoline, I was a bit skeptical in buying this vehicle. However, after completing a 2,000 mile trip to the Pacific Northwest and back I was amazed at the MPG I attained. I averaged close to 22MPG on our trip! Granted, I wasn't towing a trailer, however, for the size of the vehicle and the fact that we had loaded the rear bed with luggage and other travel gear, I was still pleased. The fact that the dealership had discounted the truck $12K from the $38,500 MSRP was the icing on the cake. It was equipped with the on road suspension package, sunroof, XM radio, Bose system, luggage rack, rear entertainment system, leather seats and electronic air. We love it!

Gas mileage & functionality of the truck. It really is the best of both worlds. Ability to go full size truck or carry passengers (5) with capable bed space for haulage. Appreciate the bed cover being included & the ride is very comfortable with minimal noise & plenty of power. Bose is great!

Would like to have had the better mileage & interior improvements with the '07 Avalanche DOD system, however, they weren't discounting the newer vehicles at this time. Rear visibility issues take a bit to get used to.

2nd Time Around
By Michael

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 2WD Z66 is a replacement for my 2002 Z66. Chevy must be doing something right as this was the first time I've ever repeated on a vehicle. The mileage continues to be a problem as would any vehicle this size and weight. Most comfortable and smoothest riding vehicle I've ever owned and this one is number 18. For my money, there's not a better highway car.

Ride is better than most sedans. I find it very roomy and I'm 6'4". Very stable handling in the wind as well as highway quiet.

Saw the 2007's today and it looks to me as any improvements I could want on mine is on the 2007.

Simply Wonderful, Great Chevy
By Sanjay

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Avalanche about a month ago and absolutely love it. If anyone out there thinks GM is in trouble, please do a test, drive a Toyota, Nissan, Honda and then you'll know what I am talking about. I used to drive Toyota's all the time, until I bought my GMC Sierra in 2000. This convinced me that GM trucks are the best. I bought my Avalanche a month ago and it's a beauty. It rides like a Lexus, it does not have any wind noise like the Tundra or Ridgeline. GM has come a long way building trucks and this simply shows how well they can build it. Again when in doubt, do drive others and you'll come back to the Avalanche. Excellent, ride, comfort, convenice, etc etc etc.

Avalanche style and versatility. Power, comfort, convenience. Love the OnSstar system. Fuel economy is great if you're not lead footed. Computerized multi Information display is excellent. Front and rear seats are comfortable. Lots could be said but overall a great truck!

I would like to have a better in dash cup holders where it slides and can be pushed in when not needed. Rear door storage pockets, rear power windows on midgate. Power locking tailgate. Make better rear visibility. Turn signals standard on side mirrors and side curtain/knee airbags standard.

Comfort fo Handicap (Avalanche)
By Paulie

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I could not believe how comfortable this vehicle was. I've had several hip replacements done and I must say the comfort and handling is the best I've had.

Steering