2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Avalanche Exceeded Expectations
By Stephen on 07/16/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Given the price of gasoline, I was a bit skeptical in buying this vehicle. However, after completing a 2,000 mile trip to the Pacific Northwest and back I was amazed at the MPG I attained. I averaged close to 22MPG on our trip! Granted, I wasn't towing a trailer, however, for the size of the vehicle and the fact that we had loaded the rear bed with luggage and other travel gear, I was still pleased. The fact that the dealership had discounted the truck $12K from the $38,500 MSRP was the icing on the cake. It was equipped with the on road suspension package, sunroof, XM radio, Bose system, luggage rack, rear entertainment system, leather seats and electronic air. We love it!

2nd Time Around
By Michael on 05/16/06 14:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 2WD Z66 is a replacement for my 2002 Z66. Chevy must be doing something right as this was the first time I've ever repeated on a vehicle. The mileage continues to be a problem as would any vehicle this size and weight. Most comfortable and smoothest riding vehicle I've ever owned and this one is number 18. For my money, there's not a better highway car.

Simply Wonderful, Great Chevy
By Sanjay on 04/03/06 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Avalanche about a month ago and absolutely love it. If anyone out there thinks GM is in trouble, please do a test, drive a Toyota, Nissan, Honda and then you'll know what I am talking about. I used to drive Toyota's all the time, until I bought my GMC Sierra in 2000. This convinced me that GM trucks are the best. I bought my Avalanche a month ago and it's a beauty. It rides like a Lexus, it does not have any wind noise like the Tundra or Ridgeline. GM has come a long way building trucks and this simply shows how well they can build it. Again when in doubt, do drive others and you'll come back to the Avalanche. Excellent, ride, comfort, convenice, etc etc etc.

Comfort fo Handicap (Avalanche)
By Paulie on 03/22/06 05:38 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I could not believe how comfortable this vehicle was. I've had several hip replacements done and I must say the comfort and handling is the best I've had.

Perfect Truck for me
By DaveP on 03/18/06 07:39 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After about a month of research debating between a full size truck (Tundra or Titan) and an SUV (Xterra) I decided that neither met my needs. The Avalanche not only looks great, but it is powerful, smooth, quiet and fun! I was able to find the exact truck I was looking for (No body cladding, Z-71, with 4.10 gears) This truck is the perfect combination of fun and practicality. I have already hauled my motorcycle in this truck and I plan on camping and using it for a lot of outdoor activity. I highly recomend this truck to anyone deciding between and truck and SUV.

Happy Happy Happy
By AVdriver on 01/11/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche, I put 7200 miles on the first one and never had a problem. Great truck

My AV
By John Krause on 01/05/06 01:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Avalanche for 3000 dollars below what I would have to spend for a Tahoe base version, go figure. In my AV (Avalanche) I have the Z66 premium onroad package, tow, posi, stainless side assist, and more options than I thought, still 3000 below the BASE Tahoe. I love the ride, the driving position, the fact that I can take 3 or 4 clients with no problem. Gas mileage? Check back with me later. I'll be running Mobil One 5w30, a K&N Air filter, higher tire pressure(+2lbs) and I'll keep my foot out of it. If you need a broad, stable, and comfortable ride I can suggest an AV.

Avalanche is the Best
By pete1 on 01/03/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I looked around for months before I finally decided on a Avalanche. I finally purchased a loaded 4X4 without the body molding, as I believe that it looks much better & cleaner. It is equipped with all of the "bells & whistles" with the exception of leather seats which honestly I don't miss. I had them in a 91 Camaro and they were very hot in the summer. This truck is very versatile, quiet and handles great. Mileage isn't wonderful, however considering the weight of the truck and the engine size, it is not going to get the mileage which comes with a small, 4 cylinder sedan. I love all of the various compartments for storage, along with the ability to lock the rear gate.

Susan's Avalanche
By chevy avalanche on 12/29/05 06:40 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a top notch 4x4. It has taken me through some very severe driving conditions. It's a very easy vehicle to drive with 4x4 at the push of a button and mirrors that adjust to your driving needs. It's easy to judge because there are no features that block your vision when merging into oncoming traffic. I was told these vehicles leak. I have had my truck for 5 months and that has never been a problem. This was my dream truck and I can honestly say I am not been disappointed with any feature it has. My thanks to Chevrolet for making a fantastic sporty 4x4 that is reliable, safe, and fun, people compliment my truck everywhere I go. It has been a great investment.

Only truck I will own.
By Doc1038 on 11/18/05 15:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche I have owned. I will NEVER own another truck except the Av. Very Stylish, Eye catching, versatile. Used for camping, tailgating, towing, moving large items, and much more. My original was a 2002 which I thought was great, and the 2006 is even better. I totalled my 2002 in an accident which I hit in, and realized in any car and many trucks, I would not have made it out alive. VERY SAFE!!! Fuel economy is not bad for the size of the truck, but it should be expected with its size and capacity.