Used 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Love My Avalanche
By Love It!

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is hands down the nicest vehicle I have ever been lucky enough to own. It is the best of all worlds for me, large enough to haul my labs and hunting gear with locking compartments and also pull my trailer. Far more flexibility than my Silverado, Blazer, or Corvette!

Streamlined style, locking compartments, interior luxury and comfort.

As with all Chevy trucks, brakes seem to be the only weak link. Seem to come from factory with crappy rotors.

Love My Truck
By ELMER DIALS

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is without a doubt the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. I work at a Chevy dealership, so I see and drive lots of vehicles. With the exception of the new body style Avalanche, this is my favorite Chevy truck. The gas mileage is 15-17 mpg depending on how you drive it. It takes less than 2 minutes to convert it into truck mode. The re-sale value on these vehicles is great too. NADA loves em'. Ride quality is great. Good power. Better than an SUV with back seat room and its hidden under the plastic cover. It keeps my wife and baby's junk hidden all the time.

Ride quality, seat comfort. Overall looks. Steering wheel audio controls. Conversion capabilities.

They've done it with the 2007

Bill's Avlanche Review
By Bill

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven my Avalanche for the past seven months, putting 6000 miles on it. During this time, it has run flawlessly, been a very comfortable vehicle to ride in, and a vehicle with enough power to get it up and going. It can hold its own on the highway, running 55 mph or 80 mph. At the higher speeds, I have found it to still have reserve power to make it move if need be. Towing a trailer is tolerated well by the 5.3 liter engine. I have found it to tow very well and brakeing is great. My avalanche will stop very well on its own and equally well with towing a trailer. In short, I love my Avalanche. It drives and rides like a car but has the built of a truck.

Power seats, heated seats, air conditioning, all are great and work well.

I would like to see Chevrolet tweek the motor a bit so as to get better gas mileage and more power.

I'd buy another
By mikml2

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche. The first one had some serious problems. I traded it and got a new one. This one had problems when I first got it, but once the kink got out of it, it's been great.

Body style, smooth drive

The inside of the vehicle could look a little more expensive, because let's face it, it's not an inexpensive vehicle.

Good Truck
By bob

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

Very good ride. The gas millage leaves a little bit to be desired. Overall an excellant truck to own and drive

Ride

Put some kind of light on the dash to indicate the tailgate is down. Have left tailgate down on several occasions and lost tools