2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
I just want to drive it!
By txyank1 on 02/07/09 19:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After several GM pickups I hadn't driven more than a block and I was hooked on the Avalanche. I had joined an Avalanche fan club and been reading about them for 5 months. This is my 3rd Av (had for almost 3 yrs now) and I've loved every one. Each was a little better-equipped, this one being a Z66 with Sun/Sound. Liked the 3.73 gears in the '03 for get-up but love the 3.42's for highway mpg. 21+ consistently on trips. If GM only made a pickup that rode like this.

I'd buy another
By mikml2 on 11/01/06 07:27 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche. The first one had some serious problems. I traded it and got a new one. This one had problems when I first got it, but once the kink got out of it, it's been great.

Avalanche Exceeded Expectations
By Stephen on 07/16/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Given the price of gasoline, I was a bit skeptical in buying this vehicle. However, after completing a 2,000 mile trip to the Pacific Northwest and back I was amazed at the MPG I attained. I averaged close to 22MPG on our trip! Granted, I wasn't towing a trailer, however, for the size of the vehicle and the fact that we had loaded the rear bed with luggage and other travel gear, I was still pleased. The fact that the dealership had discounted the truck $12K from the $38,500 MSRP was the icing on the cake. It was equipped with the on road suspension package, sunroof, XM radio, Bose system, luggage rack, rear entertainment system, leather seats and electronic air. We love it!

2nd Time Around
By Michael on 05/16/06 14:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 2WD Z66 is a replacement for my 2002 Z66. Chevy must be doing something right as this was the first time I've ever repeated on a vehicle. The mileage continues to be a problem as would any vehicle this size and weight. Most comfortable and smoothest riding vehicle I've ever owned and this one is number 18. For my money, there's not a better highway car.

Simply Wonderful, Great Chevy
By Sanjay on 04/03/06 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Avalanche about a month ago and absolutely love it. If anyone out there thinks GM is in trouble, please do a test, drive a Toyota, Nissan, Honda and then you'll know what I am talking about. I used to drive Toyota's all the time, until I bought my GMC Sierra in 2000. This convinced me that GM trucks are the best. I bought my Avalanche a month ago and it's a beauty. It rides like a Lexus, it does not have any wind noise like the Tundra or Ridgeline. GM has come a long way building trucks and this simply shows how well they can build it. Again when in doubt, do drive others and you'll come back to the Avalanche. Excellent, ride, comfort, convenice, etc etc etc.

My AV
By John Krause on 01/05/06 01:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Avalanche for 3000 dollars below what I would have to spend for a Tahoe base version, go figure. In my AV (Avalanche) I have the Z66 premium onroad package, tow, posi, stainless side assist, and more options than I thought, still 3000 below the BASE Tahoe. I love the ride, the driving position, the fact that I can take 3 or 4 clients with no problem. Gas mileage? Check back with me later. I'll be running Mobil One 5w30, a K&N Air filter, higher tire pressure(+2lbs) and I'll keep my foot out of it. If you need a broad, stable, and comfortable ride I can suggest an AV.

Better then I had dreamed
By t pearson on 08/23/05 15:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck exceeds all my and my wife's expectations. My wife took the truck on vacation to Key West and back and she got over 18.5 mpg!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.