2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Watch the motor
By nancy go on 06/27/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this truck very much if I could keep it from breaking down.. Thank goodness I had an extended warranty but it is now out and the motor is being messed up again..It rides and handles good and the motor and other things that has been fixed but some how not all. Motor was rebuilt and found out defective cam. Then the steering/widows/seals/yolk/uv/and all within a year. If I were to buy another Chevy product it would have to be 2 extended warranties to please me.

Good vehicle
By Denver on 04/04/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I run my truck pretty hard high speed and for long periods and over the years I have averaged over 17 mpg highway and city combined, I have even pulled small trailers and the gas mileage was still good, I'm going to purchase another Avalanche soon this will make my third one and am very satisfied with the overall performance.

I just want to drive it!
By txyank1 on 02/07/09 19:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After several GM pickups I hadn't driven more than a block and I was hooked on the Avalanche. I had joined an Avalanche fan club and been reading about them for 5 months. This is my 3rd Av (had for almost 3 yrs now) and I've loved every one. Each was a little better-equipped, this one being a Z66 with Sun/Sound. Liked the 3.73 gears in the '03 for get-up but love the 3.42's for highway mpg. 21+ consistently on trips. If GM only made a pickup that rode like this.

Best truck ever
By allen copeland on 05/27/07 02:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

From daily driving to camping, atving, snowmobiling, RV pulling, grocery runs, hardware, and landscaping hauling. The kids love the rear seat DVD player, and the wife likes the heated seats in the winter. My favorite is the OnStar that now allows me to contact my wife as soon as I get back to the truck after a day snowmobiling instead of an hour later when I get within cell range.

Love My Avalanche
By Love It! on 05/25/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is hands down the nicest vehicle I have ever been lucky enough to own. It is the best of all worlds for me, large enough to haul my labs and hunting gear with locking compartments and also pull my trailer. Far more flexibility than my Silverado, Blazer, or Corvette!

Love My Truck
By ELMER DIALS on 01/19/07 11:55 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is without a doubt the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. I work at a Chevy dealership, so I see and drive lots of vehicles. With the exception of the new body style Avalanche, this is my favorite Chevy truck. The gas mileage is 15-17 mpg depending on how you drive it. It takes less than 2 minutes to convert it into truck mode. The re-sale value on these vehicles is great too. NADA loves em'. Ride quality is great. Good power. Better than an SUV with back seat room and its hidden under the plastic cover. It keeps my wife and baby's junk hidden all the time.

Bill's Avlanche Review
By Bill on 12/24/06 18:35 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven my Avalanche for the past seven months, putting 6000 miles on it. During this time, it has run flawlessly, been a very comfortable vehicle to ride in, and a vehicle with enough power to get it up and going. It can hold its own on the highway, running 55 mph or 80 mph. At the higher speeds, I have found it to still have reserve power to make it move if need be. Towing a trailer is tolerated well by the 5.3 liter engine. I have found it to tow very well and brakeing is great. My avalanche will stop very well on its own and equally well with towing a trailer. In short, I love my Avalanche. It drives and rides like a car but has the built of a truck.

I'd buy another
By mikml2 on 11/01/06 07:27 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche. The first one had some serious problems. I traded it and got a new one. This one had problems when I first got it, but once the kink got out of it, it's been great.

Good Truck
By bob on 08/26/06 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

Very good ride. The gas millage leaves a little bit to be desired. Overall an excellant truck to own and drive

This should have been mine before now.
By bob fowler on 07/26/06 18:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a blast to drive. I use it in my business and the enclosed bed is just great for delivering my product.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.