2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Hands down, the best!

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

1500 LS Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed)

Hands down, the best!
By Jon Mac on

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I considered a Suburban and Tahoe/Yukon, but I needed a truck with a bed. I got a luxury 4WD SUV that drives better than a luxury sedan. The lined bed is great, the hard cover makes it better, and the fact that it locks tight is awesome. Extremely comforatable on and off road, but especially cozy on the highway! Leather buckets cradle you like an expensive recliner. Locking side compartments are huge and very useful. I've driven the Caddy, and this is the same truck with a little more plastic but a lot less pricey. This is not an SUV, this is a truck, but you'd never know it by all the amenities. I'll buy another when the time comes to trade this in!

It's a truck - I love the bed! Locking side compartments are great! Bose stereo doesn't need to be upgraded - it sounds awesome. Plenty of power and towing capability. Driver Information Center provides info I didn't even know I needed! XM Radio is a plus for long trips.

Backup sensors are really needed. I added aftermarket sensors because you can't see a small car immediately behind you, much less a kid on a bike. GM should angle the rear window a bit to reduce dash board reflection (real bad at night!). Do something about fuel efficiency without lowering power.