2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Great Vehicle A real buy.

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

Great Vehicle A real buy.
By ReelLove on

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

LT2 & Z-71. This truck goes everywhere, anytime, in all conditions. 19+ mpg highway/13.5 mpg city. Will tow or haul most anything in style. Quiet ride, lots of luxury everywhere, auto everything, great stereo, easy to drive. This is my 2nd Avalanche. I am about to buy #3 (2009) Had only minor problems when new (1x in shop). Since new, just oil changes, rotate tires, and gas. I love the look too. Get a lot of compliments, even from high dollar car owners. If you find a clean low mileage Avalanche, buy it. Do not buy expecting great gas mileage. This is a big truck that is 4 wheel drive designed for work & hauling. Buy knowing that this is a 6700 lb truck with a big V8.

Favorite Features

#1: Midgate: Others wish they had this feature! #2: Bed Covers: What a great design. Easy to use and water tight too. #3: Bose Stereo. #4: Interior creature comforts: great seats, auto everything... I normally will take the Avalanche & leave the Mercedes at home. #5: Easy to drive & safety.

Suggested Improvements

Option for painted (matching) bed covers. Non-fading plastic on bed covers. Back up range sensor (I added an aftermarket, very hard to judge backing up w/o some form of sensor), integrated bumper step to access bed. Built in rechargeable flashlight. DC/AC inverter for tools.