2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Don't judge book by the cover

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

1500 LS Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 FFV 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed)

Don't judge book by the cover
By bshef on

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had every intention of buying a 1500 silverado crew cab. However, I took the Avalanche for a test drive and immediately fell in love with it's ride, power, comfort and most of all..."versatility". I'm not the type of guy who will spend $4k on exterior mods for "others" to look at.....I deal strictly with functionality and reliability. The Avalanche not only fit the bill for everything I wanted in a truck......but it also gave me a "built- in" bedliner, a bedcover, extra storage and lots of other bonuses that most consumers end up spending lots on after they buy a new truck. This truck also has great brakes and plenty of power.

self dimming rear-view and side mirrors, heated seats, mid-gate, hard-cover bed panels, cargo lights, foot step in rear bumper for getting up into the bed of truck!

tail gate lock should be integrated with door locks and bed cargo lights should be "switched" to tail-gate! Also, need a passenger airbag "OFF" switch.