Been a great vehicle for over 6 years now
By dakar1 on
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I really love my Avalanche. I bought it new and has been a great vehicle. I've had zero engine issues. things I've done are had to replace speedometer that sprung one day when it was about 10 below 0 outside. Had to have a airbag sensor replaced and replaced one of the oxygen sensors - which I found out is recommended after about 5 years anyway. Also a transmission solenoid was replaced, that was only $120 w/labor. I run the E85 a lot in the summer and I tow a heavy camper with it. Its not the best towing vehicle for something heavy but it gets by. I run Amsoil and engine still runs like new with 65k.
Favorite Features
overall size and comfort. I don't use the midgate much. With good tires the 4 wheel drive is excellent in the snow, much better than my wifes SUV.
Suggested Improvements
the rear seats fold up to allow the midgate down. I would have liked a rubber pad to put in back seat when their up so stuff won't slide around, and they s/h made it so can take the headrests out of rear seat too. Mine doesnt have the reverse sensors, but I see the new ones do. Because its big and squarish, takes some getting used to front and rear distances while parking.