Avalanche...An Ace!
By adjusterr on
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
The Avalanche is a sharp looking multi- purpose vehicle combining the plush ride of a Suburban with the utility features of an off-road pickup. The ride and handling is excellent and extremely quiet. It is loaded with neat features, several of which I have yet to figure out. Although it pulls a 12 foot box trailer full of antique motorcycles quite well, it seems to shift quite a lot, even in the trailer mode. This is my second new Chevy truck, the first was less than desireable. Quite honestly I bought the Avalanche because I could not get a decent price from a competitor. I am very pleased with the Avalanche and will probably purchase another.
Favorite Features
The ability to change from short to long bed capacity, the covered bed, the Onstar system and the many neat little electronic features. This is a great vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the fuel mileage, the best I can get is 16.5. Lose the "non-skid" mat in the bed, it is so non-skid you can only use the first few feet of the bed, you absolutely cannot push anything toward the front.