2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: After one year

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

1500 LS Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 FFV 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed)

After one year
By John Rogers on

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Avalanche is the first full size truck I've ever owned after 25 years of driving. I bought it for its versatility, towing capacity and styling. The truck has not disappointed after 16,000 miles. Gas mileage in congested Dallas, with a lot of stop and go traffic everywhere, has averaged a little over 15 MPG. I like the ride and handling of the vehicle and it's really very comfortable as a daily driver. The only build quality problems I've had are with the body side molding which developed adhesive bubbles that required replacement of all door moldings after one year. I would never buy a just a pick-up. The versatility of a luxury vehicle with the ability to tow and haul is great!

Interior comfort. Ride comfort. Good handling for a big vehicle. Good power. Versatility of truck bed and the midgate. XM radio. Auto climate control

Improved reliability of memory seat and control settings. I have to reset my mirror postions, seat and pedal about once a week--my dealer is clueless about how to fix the problem.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review