2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Best truck out there
By Brian Jermyn on 02/03/05 00:10 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is an excellent vehicle. I enjoy it more every day I drive it. It is like no other truck as far as versitility goes. And it is as comfortable, and smooth as any truck can get. It rides like a car--very smooth. I have used it for numerous things- mostly comfortable trips back and forth to work, but also have picked up plenty of supplies, and it is soo easy to change from suv to p/up truck. The top panels come off, and go back on so easy it is great. anyone interested in this vehicle, do not pass it up it is an excellent vehicle. buy it and enjoy it, as much as i do.

Awesome truck
By Bobbi on 02/02/05 23:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I've had it a year and it is a joy to drive. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting more versatility than an ordinary truck would offer. Very comfortable ride on long trips and a joy to drive to work daily. Good power and fun to look at and own.

Awesome Truck
By gator on 02/02/05 20:04 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best riding vehicle I have owned and this is my first truck. I will buy another one.

Avalanche Rules
By Scott Foster on 02/02/05 19:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drove every truck before I bought my Avalanche ... I haven't had such a solid sweet ride since I had my 1998 Suburban ... since then, I have had two Tahoes ... but the Avalanche is the best!

I love this truck..
By Xplorer021 on 01/29/05 13:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awesome. You get so much versatility with it. I bought the tent to go caming in and it works great. On long road trips with friends the waterproof bed is more than enough to keep everyones luggage dry and there is more than enough room for all of the luggage. I can load it up with a trailer of 3 ATV's and have six people ride comfortably and still have room for 3 dogs in the back with 2 large coolers. The dogs love it. They ride great under the covers sleeping most of the time and you don't have to worry about them jumping out. We take the one closest to the back window off to give them plenty of air. There is plenty of leg room for everyone and cupholders. Great overall buy.

My 2nd Avalanche
By Greg Pacienza on 01/27/05 14:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck.Easy to drive and great on week-end trips. Bad gas mileage, but everything else makes up for that. On- star is new and a great value too.

This is a great truck
By Allmondt on 01/13/05 09:29 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The most comfotable truck I have had the pleasure of driving. With the power adjustable pedals my 5'2" wife finds the vehicle easy to drive and handle. When I first bought the truck she said she would not drive it. After riding in it for a few months I have a hard time getting it away from her. The cargo area is small but the cover is very easy to remove and the bed is dry. (even after 20" of snow). This is not a work truck but great for pulling a trailer and transporting a family. The 4 wheel drive options are nice. I used both automatic 4WD and full time 4WD druing our 20" snow storm. I went where ever I wanted. 14 mpg city about 17 mpg highway

Love it!
By Dave on 01/01/05 11:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 52,000 miles on my 2002 Z71 4x4 Avalanche, I also tow a 6,000 lb tralier on camping trips. Never have had a problem since I've owned it, not even a burned out bulb. I change the oil & filter every 3,000 miles. Chevy got this one right! Best SUV/truck on the road, rides like my Town car. Off road is awesome too.

Avalanche "the biz - nizz"
By madspeakerman on 12/31/04 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

functionability, biggest trunk in the business, converts into a truck when needed & still has that soft car ride. comfort, mines loaded, a friend of mine has the H2 which has the same steering wheel controls, dash and stereo, door controls (seat heaters and foot adjustments) but you just don't sit at the same angle as the avalanche or suburban H2 more upright and stiff. In the nine monthes i've owned my 04 i've put 25k on it from the beach to the snow. "had the tranny replaced at 20k, warranty covered, bought extended 48 mon. 80k". Around town & local L.A. highways it's like you're to only be in this urban cruiser, feeling safe due to size and able to see over traffic, AWSOME! & 14.3mpg avg.

Don't judge book by the cover
By bshef on 12/28/04 00:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had every intention of buying a 1500 silverado crew cab. However, I took the Avalanche for a test drive and immediately fell in love with it's ride, power, comfort and most of all..."versatility". I'm not the type of guy who will spend $4k on exterior mods for "others" to look at.....I deal strictly with functionality and reliability. The Avalanche not only fit the bill for everything I wanted in a truck......but it also gave me a "built- in" bedliner, a bedcover, extra storage and lots of other bonuses that most consumers end up spending lots on after they buy a new truck. This truck also has great brakes and plenty of power.