2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
I love my AV
By adpinc on 03/19/05 23:08 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. I bought a used 2002 K2500 series and loved it, but didn't realize how poor the gas mileage was. So I sold it and bought a brand new '05. The AV is so versatile. There is no other vehicle like it on the market.

Very nice truck
By PinoyRam on 03/15/05 03:30 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck for my wife, but wish I could drive it everyday. My six year old loves the moonroof, teenager loves the XM radio, both dogs like the removable rear glass window so they can stick their head inside while riding in the bed. The only thing my wife complains about is parking. As far as problems, the oxygen sensor had to be replaced at 2500 miles and one of the speed sensors malfunctioned (5000 miles) so the check ABS and traction control lights came on.

The many uses of Avalanche
By Art Arnold on 03/14/05 16:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had an Avalanche for 1 1/2 years. I have used it to go to beach, go on trips with my son's baseball team (transporting team players and equipment), go on vacations, and also to go out on the town. Being a contractor, I have used this vehicle on my jobs to transport materials and tools. I have loaded this vehicle up with lots of plywood, lumber, concrete, a/c equipment, landscaping materials, cabinets, office furniture, and many other things. The great part about it is that many of the times that certain materials were being transported, it was raining and none of it got wet, because of the Avalanche's closed in design. This vehicle is great in every way, for fun, family, and work.

A keeper
By holle on 03/04/05 09:27 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the way it rides comfort and style. It is just so funny that when you buy a vehicle no matter what it is all of a sudden you see hundreds more then you saw before. Chevy made a nice looking and comfortable truck... Keep it in the family a long time Please...

Chevy Avalance
By bobby on 02/26/05 05:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent. Back up visibilaity a little difficult. Rides better than any SUV I have rode in or owned and much, much more luggage room w/covered bed!

Love my truck
By union worker on 02/19/05 19:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new, wheel alignment out of specs from factory it pulled left on test drive. Oxygen sensor went out in 1900 miles- took two days for part. Lots of interior room room for four large adults. Thats why I bought it. At 5400lbs, good touring vehicle and can haul/tow

Love the versitility
By KevinIN ct on 02/12/05 20:54 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I spend my weekends doing home improvments and handy work for friends and family. I've had trailers and SUVs and always had issues. The Avalanche is the best of both worlds. It rides like a dream and It has all the elbow room I need. Its my first one and will buy another one when I'm due.

Red Hot
By Andy on 02/12/05 10:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a versatile truck that I could use for hauling as well as room for my family of three. After spending a considerable time looking and driving all options available I settled on the Avalanche and I am glad I did. It is the best purchase of the 20+ vehicles I have owned. I bought a model without body armor because of the improved looks from past models. My only suggestion to Chevrolet is that they improve the interior on the LT models by using less plastic. I have 5000 miles on the vehicle now and have experienced no quality or warranty problemns and getting a consistent 18 MPG. I would definitely recomment this vehicle to anyone.

My second Avalanche
By dasebolka on 02/10/05 22:29 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am the Avalanche's biggest supporter. This is my second Avalanche purchased in three years. The first Avalanche had an unpleasant encounter with a tree and utility pole. I was able to drive the vehicle home after the accident and had no injuries. The same could not be said of the vehicle. As long as Chevrolet continues to produce the Avalanche, I will continue to purchase them. They are an excellent, safe vehicle for my family of five. The Avalanche gets two thumbs up from this customer.

Dream come true
By avalanchehill on 02/08/05 17:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's the best driving vehicle I've ever owned. You can take 5 people up front and haul all of the luggage in the dry. You can haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood or other materials if needed in the dry .It has two tool box's that you can use for what ever ,I use mine for a fishing rod and equipment ,umbrella tie downs ,even a extra pair of shoes . Being able to take the panels off of the bed is great ,you can take two panels off and haul a stove or refrigerator ,you dont have to take all of the panels out and you have a bag to store them in .