Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

I Love My Avalanche
By djhwi

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning other 4WD vehicles, this one is the best ever! You forget that this is a truck and not a car, the ride is so smooth and all the gadgets makes this vehicle the best I've ever owned.

Radio controls on the steering wheel. The interior is so roomy that if I had to reach the radio to change the station of volume, it would require me to move my seat forward in order to be safe driving.

I would make the Bose System with the 6 CD changer standard. Other then that, this vehicle ROCKS!!

Second as good as the first.
By Buckdawg

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a 2002 Avalanche for 3 years and just bought a 2005 Avalanche this month. I found the 2WD fuel usage to be very good considering the size of the vehicle. Except for the tailgate support recall and routine maintenance, I did not have one problem with the vehicle. It has been fun and useful to drive.

The gate feature makes it great for hauling longer items. The ability to transport four adults comfortably and still have the cargo room of a pickup makes this vehicle very versatile. Being a camper, I have the flexibility of dropping the gate and sleeping in the back during storms.

The 2005 interior gray color is lighter than the 2002 so stains will show easier.

Excellant
By Avalanche

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It is very comfortable and quiet to drive.

Seating comfort is great. I like converting it into a useful truck bed. I appreciate the truck bed cover that allows you to stand up on it.

I would increase the CD changer to a 15 disc changer. I would make the front seat quickly convertable to accomodate a third person with the same comfort as the other two seats. I would increase the power assist to the brakes in emergency application

My Avalanche
By LMWilson

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It has great comfort for travel, and tows like a dream. For a big vehicle, the fuel economy is bettery than expected. I've owned several trucks and this is the best ever.

Back opening up to haul, rear seat fold down for extra storage, and back window removeable for air and hauling

Better material on back to prevent the discoloring of the panels

Like it!
By Dale

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the basic vehicle with only the Z66 package. it has all I need. I love the ride and versatility. I use the midgate at least twice a week for something. The look without the body molding but with the wheel flairs is great. I usually get tired of a vehicle within a year, but I'll be keeping this one for a number of years.

Midgate and ride

Dated interior but still looks good.