Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Style and comfort
By Kingpole

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was more than happy to be able to upgrade my Chevy vehicle from a Tracker (2WD convertible) which was fun to drive-like a golf cart, to the Avalanche. WOW! I have had it for 3 months now and enjoy every second driving it. Power, style, and smooth ride. I should mention that the stock stereo/CD system works just fine. I have Bose in the house and thought I'd be spoiled and would need the Bose quality in the truck-NAH. It rocks just fine.

I love the flexibility to go from SUV to truck. Hauling the kids or a stack of sheetrock-it's all good! The ride is smooth and engine gets it done.

The gas price increase was the last thing I needed and the worst thing about the Avalanche-I suppose that is true about every big truck. It just costs too much to fill up. I have opted to just accept it because it is a new truck. Will be something I look at next time.

AWESOME
By Michael6013

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awesome. I debated with myself for a long time before breaking down and getting one. I dont regret my decision, I love it. I also believe the truck looks best in the Sunburst color. This truck has the best comfort I have ever owned. I traded my Tahoe in for it.

Bose stereo system and DVD system.

Fuel, but it gets the best fuel economy versus any truck

Aavalanche
By avalanche

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very satified with my purchase. It has proven to be very reliable and durable.I can ride with style and grace or pull, haul, and move anything I desire with no problem. I will be trading for the next year model soon.

5 months and loving it!
By Anthony in NY

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

To provide a fair assessment, I waited 5000 miles to post this. The Avalanche had by far the best ride of any truck in the class, with the Z-71 package being a relative bargain. Fit and finish is excellent; engine is smooth, ride exceptional for a behemoth of 5800 lbs; OnStar is a plus; very capable offroad and in the sand. It powers right through. There is nothing like the ease of use of the bed. It has held everything from a yard of topsoil, fishing gear, home depot trips and it handled them all well with ease. The side locking compartments around the bed are valuable and the truck could not be sturdier. Truly the best all-around vehicle I have owned and the most comfortable truck to date. No real complaints. Gas mileage on the hwy is great- about 21. Around town it's exactly what you'd expect- 13 or so. Air pressure makes a big difference in mileage on the Avalanche. Too low and it drops. If you can afford the gas, this is the truck.

Ride & build quality, utility, power & design. The 4WD is quite capable as well. The look of the truck has always been appealing to me. My wife loves riding in it, but feels it's too big to drive. I love it and so do the kids. We have 4 vehicles and take this one constantly. Step in bumper is great.

The non-skid bed liner is actually too non-skid.

I love my Av!
By GAUTHIERTROY

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love it! Drove on a family vacation 7,000 miles. It was great. The only drawback is the gas mileage. If you use your luggage rack, it will drink extra gas. It rides heavy on the highway and handles well in the mountains. I don't regret one thing about this purchase except me and my wife fighting to see who gets to drive it.

17 inch wheels, sunroof and removable back glass. Bose system. It feels like a convertible sports car with an attitude.

Better gas mileage