2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Excellent
By tom c on 06/13/05 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Avalanche is by far the best vehicle I have ever had. The ride is not only quiet, but it rides like a car, and is the best looking truck/SUV by far. If you're looking for a great family truck, this is it. No problems at all

Chevy 2500
By Alain on 06/13/05 16:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

This truck drives like a Lamborghini - plenty of power and excellent handling, far better than the 1500 series. After one year and over 10,000 miles, the truck runs better than new and is free of mechanical problems. I love it!

After one year
By John Rogers on 06/11/05 10:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Avalanche is the first full size truck I've ever owned after 25 years of driving. I bought it for its versatility, towing capacity and styling. The truck has not disappointed after 16,000 miles. Gas mileage in congested Dallas, with a lot of stop and go traffic everywhere, has averaged a little over 15 MPG. I like the ride and handling of the vehicle and it's really very comfortable as a daily driver. The only build quality problems I've had are with the body side molding which developed adhesive bubbles that required replacement of all door moldings after one year. I would never buy a just a pick-up. The versatility of a luxury vehicle with the ability to tow and haul is great!

ulitmate vehicle - Best of both worlds
By blp on 05/31/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck/suv has it all. You can lock items in the back with the rigid cover like an SUV. You can take it off and haul items in the bed. You can extend the bed into the cab of the truck. It is much more versatile than the standard truck.

Can't go wrong with the Avalanche
By chevy like a rock on 05/26/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had it for 3 weeks now, and I drive 60 miles each way to work. Great ride. Gas mileage is not bad for the highway. I have been averaging 19-21 mpg. @ 80mph. We tow our camper with it, and it handles it with no problems. Very comfortable back seat areafor our 3 kids.

Avalanche
By John on 05/25/05 20:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our new Chevy Avalanche is the best vehicle we have ever owned. The smooth ride and comfort of the interior are awesome. XM Radio is a surprisingly nice feature.

Love it
By bergman on 05/18/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. So smooth, and rides like you're on clouds. The Bose stereo system is excellent. I can't believe I'm doing 65 mph. It feels like it 25mph, that's how smooth it is. I love this vehicle. If I trade it in later on, it will be for another one.

Almost there...but still just a Chevy
By SlashDG91 on 05/11/05 19:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've used every inch of this vehicle and it can handle any type of cargo. One of the best options for self employed construction, plumbing, etc. Z66 impressed early but as time goes on it needs far too much dealer work. Comes with almost anything you could need for short, mid, or long drives. Comfortable seats both front and rear but leather is very cheap and wears quickly. Stereo is well below the quality that should be expected for the price of this vehicle. Eats oil like nothing I've ever driven. Gas mileage is horrible...and I was prepared for bad mpg, but not single digit bad. Tires become worn easily for some reason. Any truck is as good and 10K+ less with fewer overall hassle

A Pickup with Class
By Texcowboy9 on 05/01/05 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First we thought about buying an Escalade, then we looked at both the Avalanche and the Escalade side by side. Not any difference in the profile. The front end was different as was the interior. For saving the extra money and being practical we went with the Avalance on a Smart buy. We have been on one trip (1200 miles) and this is a very comfortable and luxurious truck. We averaged 19 mpg on the trip, the power is very good along with the fuel economy. Six passengers are no problem. We took my daughter's dog with us one way to leave with a friend, the back seat folded down, the rear bulkhead folded down and the kennel sat with the door open in the cargo area facing forward. Worked great

Better than a Caddy for less
By justy on 04/29/05 05:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The most complete vehicle I have owned in years. Will trade for a new one if this one ever dies. Engine does well above expectations. Interior is like sitting in my own private entertainment center.