Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Well pleased
By pt

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great ability to open and store deck panels by one person. Good visibility in traffic. Handles all 4W terrain well.

Favorite Features

Ease of use of deck panels.

Suggested Improvements

Remote tailgate lock. Side steps standard. Remote reverse camera for backing and seeing tailgating cars in traffic.

I'm lovi'n it and that's not a McDonald's
By Mark

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well my eperience with trucks are are not old enough but I love this vehicle,spent little extra on interior and eterior equipment but dont regret single buck. Finally I have car I can go easy fishing or hunting without any doubts like "Am I gonna get there without ripping all my brake hoses and wires under the car?".This time I would say GO FOR IT! and still when I get back give a little bubble bath put a nice suit on and take my wife to dinner in nice restaurant. This car has its class, runs great. Handling is good very responsive to driver no matter who that is. Lots of power and still looks great on the road. Have proof, everyone's turning heads towards me.

Favorite Features

Leather and heated seats,great stereo, dvd system on the back OnStar assistance is helpfull, Z71 package, it's doing it's work very well. Sleeping is easy on the back.

Suggested Improvements

I knew what I was buying so I'll not write about fuel mileage improvments, it is what it is.The only detail I would improve a little are those narrow side steps could be an inch wider.

Awesome truck
By RAy

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 17 vehicles, most of them trucks, and this is by far the best. The ride is excellent and it handles like a dream. It is a very quiet ride and has a lot of power. Huals a ton of pellets with no problem and back is very easy to convert. I would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

I love the ability to lock the back, but the ease to convert

Suggested Improvements

I think a Bose w/ at least 6 disc changer should be standard

Dream Truck
By TrickyRicky

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned trucks since 1980. Fords, Toyota, Chevy..and without a doubt this is the nicest riding, roomiest, and responsive truck I'v ever owned.The paint is great, no orange peel, and the lines with the clading make it fairly bulletproof. The weight distribution is so good that in most snow, I don't even use 4WD. If you are on the fence about buying one of these, and are willing to pay for a 6000 lb moose, do yourself a favor and buy one of these. It has a tight turning radius and is nimble and quick for its' size. You can't see well out the back window, but it's not as bad as some reviews make it seem. You get used to it. I love this truck. I tried to find fault with it but I couldn't.

Road Warrior Perfection
By Gandelot

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drive for a living, and after owning 3 vehicles in 2 years...I've finally found the perfect vehicle for spending up to 8 hours a day/four days a week in. Comfort is incredible-Handling is great-Power is spelled C-H-E-V-Y.

Favorite Features

Ease of bed conversion. Extra side storage. Exterior appearance. Interior comfort.