2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Second one is the charm
By Chuck Bachorski on 07/13/05 22:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche. The 2002 model had many flaws. On my new vehicle, I ditched the cladding. This gives the truck a cleaner appearance and will prevent the cladding from coming loose. The ride on this vehicle is smoother, the braking is better and the fit/finish is tighter than the 2002 model. Fuel economy is approximately 16 mpg overall. I get 19+ MPG on the highway, which is pretty good for a vehicle of this size.

A sweet ride
By btmec on 07/05/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Avalanche for a month. So far I have not been dissapointed. I can't find one thing to dislike. It tows my boat with no problem. The ride is beautiful for a 4WD vehicle. I took it off road the other day up some step and rough hills and it handled them with no problems at all. I was riding in comfort with my XM radio playing and the air conditioner on. It was a blast. This is honestly the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Awesomelanche
By AvsFan33 on 07/05/05 17:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After a few weeks and 1200 miles, along with a long camping trip, I am happy as can be with my new Avalanche. It is a pleasure to drive and very functional. I was able to load everything I needed in the back as well as a dog and kid in back seat with 1/2 the seat down for additional food and pillows, etc. I love the way it looks and the way it performs. I drove several trucks before buying this one and I know now I made the right choice. Even the highway gas mileage was better than I hoped. Yes the mileage suffers in heavy city traffic but then thats usually during shorter distances anyway. I rate this vehicle a 10.

This Avalache has it all!
By Pete on 07/05/05 14:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this unit about three months ago and since then it has been used for almost everything. Its a very versatile unit, in that in most cases it is really a full size 4-door pick up. It's very comfortable as it rides better than most full size automobles, but you then have the ability to haul almost anything with it up to items which are eight feet in length, all at the flip of a couple of switches.

Great all-around!
By JGalla8384 on 07/04/05 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I went from a BMW 325i to a Chevrolet Avalanche, but I have truly enjoyed this vehicle. Fuel prices are up, but it's worth the extra fuel costs. Lots of features, drives beautifully, a pleasure to drive short or long distances. It's like having a luxury SUV,with all the room and comfort and features, but also a truck for power and performance and hauling stuff around. I recommend this vehicle whole- heartedly.

496 rocks
By krazy on 07/03/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

The real thing. A Chevy big block with even more cubes than it's ancestors. Needed more than a standard cab truck for new family addition, and couldn't stand the idea of not having an 8' bed for occasional use. This fits the bill just right. A very versatile truck with all the comfort and power of an old full size vehicle. We found the midgate to be a breeze to operate. A real cool truck on a nice day with the midgate down, 4 windows and sunroof open. Will add a performance program, synthetic oil, and performance air filter to wake up the 8.1. 12 to 13 mpg on a variety of driving. The 7 month pregnant wife loves it too.

Greatest Truck I've Ever Owened
By J Shutey on 06/29/05 16:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always loved the look of the Avalanche and now I love everything about it. The ride feels like you are not in a truck at all but a big luxury car. It has alot of power and is very fun to drive.

2005 Avalanche
By rherauf on 06/27/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have 8000 miles on the unit and am getting 19.6mpg driving 40 miles/day to and from work. it's very comfortable on long trips.

The Best Truck for Everything!
By Rick on 06/26/05 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several trucks over the years, and this Chevy Avalanche is definitely #1. So, if you are deciding which truck to buy, don't hesitate. It's worth every dime spent. It even has the OnStar feature. I can't say enough. It's just the best!

Great Multi-Purpose Luxury Vehicle
By curtiss Grant on 06/26/05 06:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A great vehicle for a mix of luxury and utility type environments. It accomodates and impresses passagers with comfort and style, while providing area to haul almost any type of cargo. The interior provides room, comfort and quietness to conduct business in person or on the phone. The cargo area can be changed and adapted with ease and on-the-fly to provide security with lockable closed- in space or one can change the setup to enable hauling of large long items. All of this with one vehicle, saves me money and a tremendous amount of time and effort.