5 months and loving it!
By Anthony in NY on
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
To provide a fair assessment, I waited 5000 miles to post this. The Avalanche had by far the best ride of any truck in the class, with the Z-71 package being a relative bargain. Fit and finish is excellent; engine is smooth, ride exceptional for a behemoth of 5800 lbs; OnStar is a plus; very capable offroad and in the sand. It powers right through. There is nothing like the ease of use of the bed. It has held everything from a yard of topsoil, fishing gear, home depot trips and it handled them all well with ease. The side locking compartments around the bed are valuable and the truck could not be sturdier. Truly the best all-around vehicle I have owned and the most comfortable truck to date. No real complaints. Gas mileage on the hwy is great- about 21. Around town it's exactly what you'd expect- 13 or so. Air pressure makes a big difference in mileage on the Avalanche. Too low and it drops. If you can afford the gas, this is the truck.
Favorite Features
Ride & build quality, utility, power & design. The 4WD is quite capable as well. The look of the truck has always been appealing to me. My wife loves riding in it, but feels it's too big to drive. I love it and so do the kids. We have 4 vehicles and take this one constantly. Step in bumper is great.
Suggested Improvements
The non-skid bed liner is actually too non-skid.