2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Style and comfort
By Kingpole on 11/10/05 00:51 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was more than happy to be able to upgrade my Chevy vehicle from a Tracker (2WD convertible) which was fun to drive-like a golf cart, to the Avalanche. WOW! I have had it for 3 months now and enjoy every second driving it. Power, style, and smooth ride. I should mention that the stock stereo/CD system works just fine. I have Bose in the house and thought I'd be spoiled and would need the Bose quality in the truck-NAH. It rocks just fine.

AWESOME
By Michael6013 on 09/29/05 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awesome. I debated with myself for a long time before breaking down and getting one. I dont regret my decision, I love it. I also believe the truck looks best in the Sunburst color. This truck has the best comfort I have ever owned. I traded my Tahoe in for it.

Aavalanche
By avalanche on 09/23/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very satified with my purchase. It has proven to be very reliable and durable.I can ride with style and grace or pull, haul, and move anything I desire with no problem. I will be trading for the next year model soon.

5 months and loving it!
By Anthony in NY on 09/16/05 02:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

To provide a fair assessment, I waited 5000 miles to post this. The Avalanche had by far the best ride of any truck in the class, with the Z-71 package being a relative bargain. Fit and finish is excellent; engine is smooth, ride exceptional for a behemoth of 5800 lbs; OnStar is a plus; very capable offroad and in the sand. It powers right through. There is nothing like the ease of use of the bed. It has held everything from a yard of topsoil, fishing gear, home depot trips and it handled them all well with ease. The side locking compartments around the bed are valuable and the truck could not be sturdier. Truly the best all-around vehicle I have owned and the most comfortable truck to date. No real complaints. Gas mileage on the hwy is great- about 21. Around town it's exactly what you'd expect- 13 or so. Air pressure makes a big difference in mileage on the Avalanche. Too low and it drops. If you can afford the gas, this is the truck.

I love my Av!
By GAUTHIERTROY on 09/15/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love it! Drove on a family vacation 7,000 miles. It was great. The only drawback is the gas mileage. If you use your luggage rack, it will drink extra gas. It rides heavy on the highway and handles well in the mountains. I don't regret one thing about this purchase except me and my wife fighting to see who gets to drive it.

I Love My Avalanche
By djhwi on 08/29/05 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning other 4WD vehicles, this one is the best ever! You forget that this is a truck and not a car, the ride is so smooth and all the gadgets makes this vehicle the best I've ever owned.

Second as good as the first.
By Buckdawg on 08/20/05 07:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a 2002 Avalanche for 3 years and just bought a 2005 Avalanche this month. I found the 2WD fuel usage to be very good considering the size of the vehicle. Except for the tailgate support recall and routine maintenance, I did not have one problem with the vehicle. It has been fun and useful to drive.

Excellant
By Avalanche on 07/16/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It is very comfortable and quiet to drive.

My Avalanche
By LMWilson on 07/16/05 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It has great comfort for travel, and tows like a dream. For a big vehicle, the fuel economy is bettery than expected. I've owned several trucks and this is the best ever.

Like it!
By Dale on 07/15/05 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the basic vehicle with only the Z66 package. it has all I need. I love the ride and versatility. I use the midgate at least twice a week for something. The look without the body molding but with the wheel flairs is great. I usually get tired of a vehicle within a year, but I'll be keeping this one for a number of years.