Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Great Solid Vehicle
By Bob Viola

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride, easy to drive. Lots of room and can handle a payload. Hauled 2 900lbs. Bags of bulk sand and it still drove like a champ.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, lots of room and a full tank of gas lasts 2 whole weeks.

Suggested Improvements

Retractable rear window, bigger tires and wheels, a sport model, flashier paint options.

Very Nice
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I went from a Mustange GT to my Avalanche LT and all I can say is I love it! I got the maxed out truck (even the upgraded paint) minus the luggage rack and have experinced nothing but perfection. This is my first truck and don't see how I ever managed without it. The new 07's have hit the mark with the tailgate, rims, and upgraded interrior. Very nice Chevy, very nice!

Favorite Features

The heated seats and DVD system. The intergraded phone is an added bonus due to me being in the military and can't use cell phones while driving on base.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see the black plastic on the back to be modeled after the Escalade (smooth) so it can be painted to match if desired. Maybe even come that way. Now that's an idea Chevy!

2005 Avalanche
By unhappy chevy owner

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission problems at 34,000 miles and less than 1 year of service. 2wd to 4wd selection buttons and servo motor went out at 45,000 and had to be replaced. Repaired transmission failed at 53,000 miles and is being replaced with a used transmission underneath an extended warranty purchased at a cost of $2,800 as insurace for the transmission repair. I think I should learn how to spell Toyota?

I Love My Truck!
By Jennie

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. I often sleep in it when I'm in between jobs. It's the only truck I ever considered buying. I waited 3 years to buy and it was well worth the wait. Although, it has a rattle in the engine compartment. But I still love my truck. I've heard others traded theirs in or got rid of it because of the noise. I love my truck and I'm keeping it for life. I may get a sports car (of course a Chevy) in the future and I'm still keeping my truck.

Favorite Features

The whole truck! Since I have to name a favorite feature, I would say the cooler and storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the engine noise. It's a rattle in the engine compartment not the engine itself.

Love it
By David D

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is as comfortable as any car and drives just as well. I love the concept. A full lenght bed when you need it, and covered bed for smaller items.

Favorite Features

The covered short bed.

Suggested Improvements

Change the covered bed latches. Would like to latch and unlatch all from back of vehicle.