2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews 3

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Happy with it
By Ray on 08/27/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very fun to drive. For a truck, it has averaged about 16.5 MPG, which is not bad. I tow a boat and a travel trailer at times. It has been in the shop three times, twice with transmission problems, at the dealer a week each time, other time was a computer problem. I have had major tire problems, none of the orginal tires are on the vehicle, I have had it 14 months now.

Fun to Drive @ 20.1 MPG
By David R on 06/20/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Owned a Ford F-150 for 10 years, still have it, still use it, still a great truck. Iíve owned the '05 Avalanche LT for one year now. I bought the truck because I liked the style and every Avalanche owner I spoke to was passionate about how much fun it was to drive. This vehicle is easy to handle with great control, power, and smooth ride. Every truck owners dream, including great gas mileage; city 19 hwy 24, I average 20.1mpg. Best investment Iíve made in a long time. Now all I need is to find an E85 fuel station.

What a Great Truck for Dad
By YSSMAN on 05/21/06 21:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Dad was looking to buy an Avalanche the day they came out a few years ago. But with all that plastic, he wouldn't buy one. But after Chevrolet made the plastics an option, he bought one up pretty quick. I was a bit dissapointed that he didn't go with an LT or Z71, but the LS works just fine. The ride is quiet, and around town the power is sufficent to keep the truck going. Fuel mileage isn't bad either for such a large truck, and even when we are doing 80MPH with the A/C on, we still average 22MPG. Added to that, the MidGate system is awesome. Going from a SUV to a pickup truck was a great idea for GM, and it has come in handy so many times, it is just awesome.

Functional and Fun
By cory zimmerman on 05/18/06 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. It has numerous features that turn out to be very useful, such as side compartment that also serve as ice coolers. The fact that the bed drains is nice during the winter. Interior is extremely roomy (I'm 6'2")and comfortable.

Very Versatile!
By Jim on 04/10/06 08:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We love this multi-purpose truck! It accomodates us on our camping trips, hauling the kids bikes, and provides a very comfortable ride around town and on long distance trips. (We do have some concerns about the quality of GM's workmanship tho)

Well pleased
By pt on 04/03/06 03:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great ability to open and store deck panels by one person. Good visibility in traffic. Handles all 4W terrain well.

I'm lovi'n it and that's not a McDonald's
By Mark on 02/06/06 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well my eperience with trucks are are not old enough but I love this vehicle,spent little extra on interior and eterior equipment but dont regret single buck. Finally I have car I can go easy fishing or hunting without any doubts like "Am I gonna get there without ripping all my brake hoses and wires under the car?".This time I would say GO FOR IT! and still when I get back give a little bubble bath put a nice suit on and take my wife to dinner in nice restaurant. This car has its class, runs great. Handling is good very responsive to driver no matter who that is. Lots of power and still looks great on the road. Have proof, everyone's turning heads towards me.

Awesome truck
By RAy on 01/24/06 09:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 17 vehicles, most of them trucks, and this is by far the best. The ride is excellent and it handles like a dream. It is a very quiet ride and has a lot of power. Huals a ton of pellets with no problem and back is very easy to convert. I would recommend to anyone.

Dream Truck
By TrickyRicky on 01/11/06 20:53 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned trucks since 1980. Fords, Toyota, Chevy..and without a doubt this is the nicest riding, roomiest, and responsive truck I'v ever owned.The paint is great, no orange peel, and the lines with the clading make it fairly bulletproof. The weight distribution is so good that in most snow, I don't even use 4WD. If you are on the fence about buying one of these, and are willing to pay for a 6000 lb moose, do yourself a favor and buy one of these. It has a tight turning radius and is nimble and quick for its' size. You can't see well out the back window, but it's not as bad as some reviews make it seem. You get used to it. I love this truck. I tried to find fault with it but I couldn't.

Road Warrior Perfection
By Gandelot on 11/26/05 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drive for a living, and after owning 3 vehicles in 2 years...I've finally found the perfect vehicle for spending up to 8 hours a day/four days a week in. Comfort is incredible-Handling is great-Power is spelled C-H-E-V-Y.