Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Excellent
By tom c

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Avalanche is by far the best vehicle I have ever had. The ride is not only quiet, but it rides like a car, and is the best looking truck/SUV by far. If you're looking for a great family truck, this is it. No problems at all

Favorite Features

The room inside, the look outside, and the ride.

Suggested Improvements

None

Chevy 2500
By Alain

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

This truck drives like a Lamborghini - plenty of power and excellent handling, far better than the 1500 series. After one year and over 10,000 miles, the truck runs better than new and is free of mechanical problems. I love it!

Favorite Features

4X4. Electronic compass. Removeble rear cabin window. Sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Larger wheels and tires

After one year
By John Rogers

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Avalanche is the first full size truck I've ever owned after 25 years of driving. I bought it for its versatility, towing capacity and styling. The truck has not disappointed after 16,000 miles. Gas mileage in congested Dallas, with a lot of stop and go traffic everywhere, has averaged a little over 15 MPG. I like the ride and handling of the vehicle and it's really very comfortable as a daily driver. The only build quality problems I've had are with the body side molding which developed adhesive bubbles that required replacement of all door moldings after one year. I would never buy a just a pick-up. The versatility of a luxury vehicle with the ability to tow and haul is great!

Favorite Features

Interior comfort. Ride comfort. Good handling for a big vehicle. Good power. Versatility of truck bed and the midgate. XM radio. Auto climate control

Suggested Improvements

Improved reliability of memory seat and control settings. I have to reset my mirror postions, seat and pedal about once a week--my dealer is clueless about how to fix the problem.

ulitmate vehicle - Best of both worlds
By blp

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck/suv has it all. You can lock items in the back with the rigid cover like an SUV. You can take it off and haul items in the bed. You can extend the bed into the cab of the truck. It is much more versatile than the standard truck.

Favorite Features

The exterior is sharp and unique. The versaility and features offered are also one of a kind.

Suggested Improvements

The braking is soft and takes some getting used to.

Can't go wrong with the Avalanche
By chevy like a rock

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had it for 3 weeks now, and I drive 60 miles each way to work. Great ride. Gas mileage is not bad for the highway. I have been averaging 19-21 mpg. @ 80mph. We tow our camper with it, and it handles it with no problems. Very comfortable back seat areafor our 3 kids.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.