2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Avalanche...An Ace!
By adjusterr on 11/17/04 16:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Avalanche is a sharp looking multi- purpose vehicle combining the plush ride of a Suburban with the utility features of an off-road pickup. The ride and handling is excellent and extremely quiet. It is loaded with neat features, several of which I have yet to figure out. Although it pulls a 12 foot box trailer full of antique motorcycles quite well, it seems to shift quite a lot, even in the trailer mode. This is my second new Chevy truck, the first was less than desireable. Quite honestly I bought the Avalanche because I could not get a decent price from a competitor. I am very pleased with the Avalanche and will probably purchase another.

Avalanche
By skiman1j on 11/16/04 12:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

chevy trucks are great - the dealers suck. I bought two trucks at the same time a Z71 silverado & a Z71 Avalanche. in addition I bought the 100,000 mile warrenty for the avalanch because it is FULLY loaded. My dealer will not cover anything tranny leaks, bad rattle sinse the day I bought it, front light fixture etc. Oh and be prepared to pay 300.00 for a set of brake pads (labor & service's not included) Thats more then my Mercedees E320

2004 Avalanche Z71
By wpixfrank on 11/11/04 12:24 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Z71 Avalance is an "I can't believe its a truck truck". I've been on black diamond off road trails testing the 4WD and power, this thing is a goat. I've been on long freeway runs, it rides easily as smooth as the best domestic car. I've taken it hunting, and to important business meetings. It is comfortable in both roles. Now if we could do something about the gas mileage...

owner
By overhill on 11/07/04 08:51 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

good truck but box cover leaks and fades in the sun

Avalanche vs Silverado
By charles sigmon on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 1999 silverado on this vehicle. This vehicle can do all the silverado did plus the ride is far superior. It is fully loaded and has all the creature comforts that the Cadillac EXT has with exception of stabilitrak. All for $9000 less than the EXT

Avalanche Rating
By Jeffreyd on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It is a great vehicle, good fuel economy for a full size truck, great ride, very versatile and a joy to drive.

The "BIG" Dog
By blainejrjeni on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Truck has to be THEE........Best truck we ever owned!!! We have leased alot of cars and trucks but decided to Buy this, and what a GREAT choice, this truck is a reall LOOKER!!! All heads turn when we are driving the "BIG" Dog.She is Great on gas drives like a dream, but is a truck, no complaints on this Beauty!!!

I LOVE MY AVALANCHE
By ROSARIO on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I LIVE OUT IN THE COUNTRY ON DIRT ROAD, AND FULL OF POT HOLES, MY AVALANCHE GIVES ME A GREAT RIDE.JUST LIKE A LIMO, AND ITS GREAT ON SNOW..

GM Did it Right
By jblasterii on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Having three active boys, the Avalanche has been the perfect vehicle for our life style. Whether we are going to one of the boys baseball games, out of town, a trip to Home Depot or the loading up on groceries, the Avalanche has been great. With all of the little extra touches and features it has to offer, it's obvious that a lot of effort and thought went into designing the Avalanche.

Best ever
By Eagelhurdlestar on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had Hondas, Jeeps, and truck and the Avalanche has been the best vehicle I've owned. You have to get the Z-71 package to appreciate it.