2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
KING OF THE SUVS
By WILLIAM DYER on 12/25/04 10:31 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

THIS VEHICLE HAS A SUPERIOR RIDE AND HANDLING OF ANY SPORT UTILITY I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. IT IS A VERY MULTI- PURPOSE VEHICLE. GOOD FOR SPORTING OR LONG FAMILY TRIPS. IT QUITE HONESTLY IS THE BEST AUTOMOBILE I HAVE EVER OWNED.

Denny's Truck
By Denny's Truck on 12/24/04 12:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my truck for 3 months and it has been the best purchased vehicle I've made thus far. It does not ride like a truck. It is very confortable to drive and ride in. I consider this to be one of my better investments.

Quit making it cheaper
By Wall on 12/22/04 00:46 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GM keeps raising the price and removing quality from the interior. I have had a 2003, 2004 and now a 2005. In 04 they took the nice carpeting and replaced it with the flat cheap stuff they use now. For 05 they took away the nice chevy floor mats and put in cheap $5 Walmart specials and took away the double visors. For 05 they also changed the rear end options you can't get the 3.73 anymore you get either a 4.10 or 3.42. They also took away the nice dark charcoal seats leaving you with tan or light gray. Both will show the dirt. I pulled the nice mats out of my 04, even dirty they look better than the cheap 05's. Someone should slap their beancounters. It's a $40000 vehicle. Stop already!

2004 Avalanche
By hunter on 12/18/04 15:04 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very good ride quality when compared to pickups - especially over rough surfaces. Hydroboost brakes big improvement over '03. I use this truck as a daily commuter and as a recreational vehicle for hunting, camping, etc... Interior refinement is required - maybe the next generation will put it on par. Overall, the most versatile SUV/pickup on the market.

Avalanche of show and might
By don on 12/16/04 04:44 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Indeed a great show of power and looks. It is rugged yet with refined maneuverability and interior design. My wife finds the masculinity and yet get the utility one finds in a kitchen (table?)! I feel the thundering power when it revs up to 110/mph or humping mountains in NH. It is like an Abrams tank that every car in your path, that is in the fast lane, move to the right of the highway when you come to their tail. The gas mileage is awful though but still manageable compared to others of its class.

Great truck for the money
By ivan rubin on 12/12/04 22:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had it for two months, absolutely satisfied in every way - thanks Chevy.

Dad's new truck !
By Tom Morin on 12/10/04 11:18 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best crossover truck on the market for all weather use. Great power for towing, from small boats to six-place snowmobile trailers.

First Time Truck Owner
By Arthur Russell on 12/07/04 17:41 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The avalanche has plenty of power and handles very well for a large vehicle. The only problems so far was a knocking sound that was later diagnosed as a loose cross member. The vehicle has been a real pleasure to own so far.

Love it!!!!!
By byerda on 12/01/04 11:29 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Z66 package and it rides great! smooth acceleration plenty of power and looks cool without the body hardware. Took it to the dealer to fix a suspension noise, they found it, fixed it, same day. Best riding vechicle I have ever owned.

Awesome Truck
By femaledriver on 11/30/04 22:04 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this vehicle is awesome!! This is my third one. Was in an accident in the second one - totalled the truck not a scratch on me. Very safe feeling in this truck!!