05 Avalanche LT
By judahbenhuer on
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I bought an 89 Daytona Shelby when I was still on active duty; my intention to keep her forever. 8 years later and 2 children who outgrew the tiny seats had me searching the dealerships. I bought an 08 Dodge Quad Cab Big Horn over the summer, and one trip later realized my critical mistake. Using the mini-rear seats of the Daytona as a reference for something larger was a poor choice. One month later I was already scanning the dealership lots. I saw an 05 Avalanche (never, NEVER a fan of Chevy!)with 49,000 original miles- 1 owner, and the truck was nearly mint. The salesman prompted me to keep it overnight...he knew the outcome. She sure sits pretty in the driveway :)
Favorite Features
Comfort, seat support, versatility, handling, more power over my trade-in (4.7 Magnum). Side storage in the bed (and I thought Dodge had the take on side-bed storage).
Suggested Improvements
Sluggish steering, adjustable steering is awkward, telescoping steering wheel for tall drivers What in the heck do all the buttons on the console do? I just want to turn on the radio!!!!!