Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

5 yrs of love
By Jo Gayle

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck I have driven it for 5 yrs pulling a grooming trailer as my business. Worth every penny. Beautiful and strong just like me.

Good Value
By Jack

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2005 Avelanche used at 18K miles.
2x4 with G80 locker.
Major problems: transmission went out after 95K, My Suburban had over 150K without a problem. Investigating some had earlier problem's and most went out around 100K, so don't feel to bad. It has been reliable with little maintenance. Interior seem to fall apart fairly easy, buttons on dash, Cover on window pillar fell off. Light 4x4 with G80 locker did very well.

05 Avalanche LT
By judahbenhuer

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought an 89 Daytona Shelby when I was still on active duty; my intention to keep her forever. 8 years later and 2 children who outgrew the tiny seats had me searching the dealerships.

I bought an 08 Dodge Quad Cab Big Horn over the summer, and one trip later realized my critical mistake.

Using the mini-rear seats of the Daytona as a reference for something larger was a poor choice. One month later I was already scanning the dealership lots.

I saw an 05 Avalanche (never, NEVER a fan of Chevy!)with 49,000 original miles- 1 owner, and the truck was nearly mint. The salesman prompted me to keep it overnight...he knew the outcome.

She sure sits pretty in the driveway :)

Comfort, seat support, versatility, handling, more power over my trade-in (4.7 Magnum). Side storage in the bed (and I thought Dodge had the take on side-bed storage).

Sluggish steering, adjustable steering is awkward, telescoping steering wheel for tall drivers What in the heck do all the buttons on the console do? I just want to turn on the radio!!!!!

Been a great vehicle for over 6 years now
By dakar1

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really love my Avalanche. I bought it new and has been a great vehicle.
I've had zero engine issues.
things I've done are had to replace speedometer that sprung one day when it was about 10 below 0 outside.
Had to have a airbag sensor replaced and replaced one of the oxygen sensors - which I found out is recommended after about 5 years anyway. Also a transmission solenoid was replaced, that was only $120 w/labor.
I run the E85 a lot in the summer and I tow a heavy camper with it. Its not the best towing vehicle for something heavy but it gets by.
I run Amsoil and engine still runs like new with 65k.

overall size and comfort. I don't use the midgate much. With good tires the 4 wheel drive is excellent in the snow, much better than my wifes SUV.

the rear seats fold up to allow the midgate down. I would have liked a rubber pad to put in back seat when their up so stuff won't slide around, and they s/h made it so can take the headrests out of rear seat too. Mine doesnt have the reverse sensors, but I see the new ones do. Because its big and squarish, takes some getting used to front and rear distances while parking.

Piece of junk
By avalanche05

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Never will i buy a Avalanche again. bought because of features.it's a piece of junk there is a rattle in the front end my abs brake went the part is 600.00 to replace not including labor. now shocks in the front need replacing have had to replace o2 scensors
brake calipers and so on... oh did i mention it only has 56,000 miles on it.and i paid way too much for a piece of junk

Nothing