Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 LS Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

5 yrs of love
By Jo Gayle

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck I have driven it for 5 yrs pulling a grooming trailer as my business. Worth every penny. Beautiful and strong just like me.

Good Value
By Jack

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2005 Avelanche used at 18K miles.
2x4 with G80 locker.
Major problems: transmission went out after 95K, My Suburban had over 150K without a problem. Investigating some had earlier problem's and most went out around 100K, so don't feel to bad. It has been reliable with little maintenance. Interior seem to fall apart fairly easy, buttons on dash, Cover on window pillar fell off. Light 4x4 with G80 locker did very well.

05 Avalanche LT
By judahbenhuer

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought an 89 Daytona Shelby when I was still on active duty; my intention to keep her forever. 8 years later and 2 children who outgrew the tiny seats had me searching the dealerships.

I bought an 08 Dodge Quad Cab Big Horn over the summer, and one trip later realized my critical mistake.

Using the mini-rear seats of the Daytona as a reference for something larger was a poor choice. One month later I was already scanning the dealership lots.

I saw an 05 Avalanche (never, NEVER a fan of Chevy!)with 49,000 original miles- 1 owner, and the truck was nearly mint. The salesman prompted me to keep it overnight...he knew the outcome.

She sure sits pretty in the driveway :)

Comfort, seat support, versatility, handling, more power over my trade-in (4.7 Magnum). Side storage in the bed (and I thought Dodge had the take on side-bed storage).

Sluggish steering, adjustable steering is awkward, telescoping steering wheel for tall drivers What in the heck do all the buttons on the console do? I just want to turn on the radio!!!!!

What a Joy to own and drive
By new chevy driver

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used and have never ever looked back and said "Why" This is the perfect SUV/TRUCK for me. I sold my Ford F150 and my older SUV and rolled two cars into this one. What a joy to own and drive. I'm getting in the low 20s for overall mileage and could not be happier. I take the covers off the back and get 20 bales of hay in with no problem. It hauls out two horse trailer as easy as can be. The interior room is wonderful great to take a trip in. I love the overall looks of it.

Ride. Covered area. Mid gate. Looks

Transmission
By Henry

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased the vehicle at 10 miles. Enjoyed the vehicle for almost three years when I started to have problems with the transmission. It would not shift properly. Fixed under extended 75,000 warranty. Few months later tranny went bad again. Bad part about I exceeded the coverage under the warranty and the tranny warranty;( The rest is history

Enjoyed the way it handled for the time being

Need to make better quality tranny parts.