2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
05 Avalanche LT
By judahbenhuer on 12/17/11 12:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought an 89 Daytona Shelby when I was still on active duty; my intention to keep her forever. 8 years later and 2 children who outgrew the tiny seats had me searching the dealerships. I bought an 08 Dodge Quad Cab Big Horn over the summer, and one trip later realized my critical mistake. Using the mini-rear seats of the Daytona as a reference for something larger was a poor choice. One month later I was already scanning the dealership lots. I saw an 05 Avalanche (never, NEVER a fan of Chevy!)with 49,000 original miles- 1 owner, and the truck was nearly mint. The salesman prompted me to keep it overnight...he knew the outcome. She sure sits pretty in the driveway :)

What a Joy to own and drive
By new chevy driver on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used and have never ever looked back and said "Why" This is the perfect SUV/TRUCK for me. I sold my Ford F150 and my older SUV and rolled two cars into this one. What a joy to own and drive. I'm getting in the low 20s for overall mileage and could not be happier. I take the covers off the back and get 20 bales of hay in with no problem. It hauls out two horse trailer as easy as can be. The interior room is wonderful great to take a trip in. I love the overall looks of it.

Transmission
By Henry on 07/15/09 23:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased the vehicle at 10 miles. Enjoyed the vehicle for almost three years when I started to have problems with the transmission. It would not shift properly. Fixed under extended 75,000 warranty. Few months later tranny went bad again. Bad part about I exceeded the coverage under the warranty and the tranny warranty;( The rest is history

Wish I would have bought one sooner
By Bobo on 11/06/08 14:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck. Got new in 9/05 Not had a problem with mine. Rides great. No noise, no problems, plenty of power. 14-16 MPG in city 20- 24 Hwy. It's a heavy truck and I am happy with the MPG and the ride. Great truck. Want better MPG get a car but you won't have a truck. Want worse MPG buy a Ford.

3 yrs and still in love
By Sunburst05 on 07/12/08 21:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 3 yrs and still would not trade it for a new one. It has been one of the best investments I have ever made.

Great Solid Vehicle
By Bob Viola on 03/05/07 13:54 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride, easy to drive. Lots of room and can handle a payload. Hauled 2 900lbs. Bags of bulk sand and it still drove like a champ.

Love it
By David D on 09/07/06 08:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is as comfortable as any car and drives just as well. I love the concept. A full lenght bed when you need it, and covered bed for smaller items.

Fun to Drive @ 20.1 MPG
By David R on 06/20/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Owned a Ford F-150 for 10 years, still have it, still use it, still a great truck. I’ve owned the '05 Avalanche LT for one year now. I bought the truck because I liked the style and every Avalanche owner I spoke to was passionate about how much fun it was to drive. This vehicle is easy to handle with great control, power, and smooth ride. Every truck owners dream, including great gas mileage; city 19 hwy 24, I average 20.1mpg. Best investment I’ve made in a long time. Now all I need is to find an E85 fuel station.

Functional and Fun
By cory zimmerman on 05/18/06 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. It has numerous features that turn out to be very useful, such as side compartment that also serve as ice coolers. The fact that the bed drains is nice during the winter. Interior is extremely roomy (I'm 6'2")and comfortable.

Very Versatile!
By Jim on 04/10/06 08:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We love this multi-purpose truck! It accomodates us on our camping trips, hauling the kids bikes, and provides a very comfortable ride around town and on long distance trips. (We do have some concerns about the quality of GM's workmanship tho)

1 2 3 4 5 next »