Pleased with my '04 Avalanche
By sburk on
2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I purchased my '04 used with 14,000 miles on it. I have been very pleased so far. My Avalanche does not have the body hardware and is very sharp looking. I am getting about 15 mpg during mostly country driving as high as 19 mpg on highway trips. The interior is extremely comfortable especially on long trips. The ride is solid and quiet. I enjoy the sunroof and Bose stereo. I wish I had leather, but the black sport cloth seats are very nice. The bed cover was somewhat faded when I purchased the vehicle, but after using a product called "Back to Black" it looks like new. This is the perfect truck for a family man. Tons of rear seat space even for adults and I love the midgate versatity.
Favorite Features
Sunroof. Bose stereo. Rear seat comfort/room. Bed cover and bed storage compartments. Midgate conversion system. Appearance. I have experienced no mechanical problems
Suggested Improvements
Fairly sluggish at low RPM--starting from a stop until the RPM's are up a little. Accelerating when at highway cruising speed requires significant gas pedal pressure.