2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Fun, Solid, and reliable at hi

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

Fun, Solid, and reliable at high milage
By mwedding on

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. I have owned 29 vehicles in my life, and this is clearly my favorite. I bought it with about 115K miles on it, and I will turn over 140K this week. The truck rides like an SUV, and I have hauled 1500 lbs of rocks and mulch. Take the back window out, open the sunroof and windows, and it is like driving around in an open air Jeep, but it is SO USEFUL. I take my family on vacation, pull trailers, and cruise drive the back roads. I think I will keep this truck longer than any vehicle I have ever owned... Maybe take it over 200K, I bought it expecting that I will put a transmission in it before 180K, we will see.

removable back glass, water tight bed cover, auto 4wd, sunroof, molded "CHEVROLET" in the tailgate, in-dash CD changer....

Bluetooth instead of onstar system ability to stow the back glass w/o fully folding the rear seat fwd more engine options 1500, 2500, and Caddy each had one engine option.