2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Best Truck/SUV on the road
By ROBINDA on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven pick-ups scince 1981.My 2004 Avalanche is by far the best I have ever purchased. I use it in my work,and it fits the role perfectly.

Love this TRUCK
By Go chevy on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my truck now for a year and love it. Really like that it looks like no other truck on the market. I have had not one problem with it. Just hit 30,000 miles and feel it could triple that with very few issues. I might get the 4 wheel dive model next.

Good Ride
By BobbyD on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Its been everything I have expected except the Transmission! At 7000 miles I had to have it rebuilt! Now the pushbutton controls on the dash for the Transmission has a mind of it`s own occassionaly.

Awesome
By webdog on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Go get one now!!

perfect for me
By Joebee on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

reminds me of my suburban.Handles great.Pulls the boat with ease. Great gas mileage.All in all, great truck.

2nd Avalanche
By Gundog on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche and I couldn't be happier. It is the most versatile vehicle I have ever owned. My 6 yr old loves the DVD player and I love the deal Chevrolet gave me on the trade(GM loyalty rebate).

I Love my Avalanche!
By amyjo248 on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck and I just love it! It is so comfortable and I love never having to think twice about buying large items. When we have a group, no one ever has a problem climbing in back, it is just as comfortable as the front seat. Go with the hard cover, it is so easy to use and you can take off one section at a time. I bought mine because of my sister in-law who loves hers. She has a canvas cover which isn't as easy to work with. I definitely recommend running boards for short people, it is quite a climb and a problem with short skirts. Mileage isn't great (but good for big truck) and the huge tank can cause a shock when filling.

Love my Avalanche
By WilkeyBJ on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

In my opinion the only auto better than this one is the Cadillac Excursion. This is including all cars and trucks! This is the best luxury truck made. The truck as a whole is absolutely outstanding.

GM at its best!
By swtdiva on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several trucks in my life. This truck has proven to me as the best that I have had. It has the comforts of an SUV with the versatility of a truck!

Pretty good truck
By oitskev on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like this truck. It fits me well. I'm 6'4" and I have more than enough room. Not the fastest thing around or the greatest at slowing down. The Avalanche hauls enough for a little trip to the home supply store. Good turning radius for such a big truck. Nice and quiet going down the road. Drives straight with no drift on the highway. It does seem to be affected by high side winds. I haven't driven a high profile vehicle in awhile so maybe it's just me.