2004 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Excellent Vehicle With Lots of Utility
By PilotGuy on 11/09/04 14:28 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Extremely solid vehicle with engine performance that exceeds expectations. It handles well, especially on tight corners. The interior design is very user friendly and the BOSE sound system is far superior to any factory installed system I have ever heard.

Avalanche For President
By Striker on 11/07/04 12:24 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased a Chevy Avalanche. I have wanted one since I laid eyes on one for the first time. I finally was able t obuy one, so of course I got the exact one that I wanted....a Dark Blue Metallic, loaded with everything but a DVD System. I get lots of looks with it, and everyone that gets in it loves it. I have shown people the Avalanche, and most have never actually been inside one, or don't know what it does, with the drop down "midgate" which turns it into a pickup. I am a SCUBA Diver, so the Avalanche is the perfect vehicle for me, with the secured box to keep all my dive gear locked up and secure. I love the way the interior is laid out also. I can't say enough about it!

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By FredTem on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After driving this truck for the last couple of months, it has become my favorite vehicle ever. I have owned 8 different vehicles (Passat, Jetta, Corolla, Ranger, Grand Cherokee, 633CSI, and a Broncho) in the last 14 years, but this is my first GM product and my favorite out of the bunch. GM succeeded in making a believer out of me. Comfortable ride, easy to use gauages, and commanding view of the road as well as a very capable off the showroom floor 4x4 system. I have recommend at least test driving one if you are in the market for a new truck.

solid truck for the money
By elloco1974 on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

is a very good truck for the money, I like the fact that you can put almost anything in the bed under the cover is great, and the look without the body armor.

Great Vehicle
By penrose on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First week with about 200 miles on it. Sold my 2003 Dodge for a 2004 Z66 and this is quite an upgrade as far as ride and comfort. Taking $10,000 off the sticker didn't hurt either.

The Big Dog
By blainejrjeni on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has to be THEE "BEST" truck we ever owned, and we have owned ALOT of trucks and cars due to I work at a Chevy Dealership, We named her the BIG DOG, she is great all the way around , good on gas beleive it are not, we ge LOTS of looks on here people telling us what a beautiful truck, she is Bright red, and we didnt take the amour the plastic bottom didnt like that, she has Dual exhaust, chrome running boards and her personalized bug sheild............IAM THE "BIG" DOG!!!, she just is a reall looker from every direction! And we have LOTS of fun with her and its just a great Truck all the way around.

review
By jett2502 on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a 2003 Avalance and presently own a 2004 Avalanche. I've been very impressed with quality of ride and reliability (I had the 03 in the shop one time for a click in the driver's door) and have yet to have the 04 in the shop. Versitility is this vehicle's greatest asset. It's like having a family vehicle that can be quickly converted into a pickup truck. Fuel mileage is well above average for an engine and truck of this size (15 city and 19.3 highway). The 130 inch wheelbase makes it practical for city driving and parking.

Not Without Its Flaws...
By Realtor01 on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A superb effort on the part of GM to provide an excellent SUV/truck hybrid. Vehicle was in shop three times due to computer issues but afterwards has been fine since then. A lot of cabin space makes sure you are not on top of each other. Back seat passengers enjoy great legroom and comfortable seats. Used mid-gate fold down to haul a Christmas tree last year. Lots of small storage portions on the back of the pick-up bed surround. Great sunroof lets the outside in. OnStar is a blessing should you run into any crisis no matter how mild. There is something to be said about having someone on standby to help you if you get into an accident. XM Radio is beauitful. Exterior still turns heads.

Versatile !
By John Mendel on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Always like to brag to my friends how I love this truck. They are usually very informed after talkin to me about it, I cant give it enough Kudos.... TY GM

solid value
By allycat on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Utility of a truck & seating of a SUV. Best thing they ever did was offer this truck without the body hardware. I wouldn't even consider this truck until they offered a "naked" version, it looks great. Overall the truck has a soft ride that could be more responsive, but it is better than the typical leaf spring rear end of a pickup. The interior is very roomy and comfortable, but as expected, the cabin has average materials that is typical of a GM product. I would have happily paid $500 more for this vehicle if they would have come up with better interior components (knobs, switches , door panels,etc). Overall I felt this was a good value for the money