Used 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Go Avy
By AVVY

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Avy is a great vehicle! My only complaint is the fuel cost, but that is because I bought it before gas went through the roof. The ride is great and smooth, and there are a ton of features I love. I use it as a pickup often, and always get what I need done. I recommend this truck to anyone that likes a bit of luxury with the versitility of a pickup truck

I live in Chicago, so the heated seats are great, but that doesn't set it apart from other vehicles. The panelled bed has to be the best feature, since a person really can't get that with any other vehicle.

Get rid of the plastic cladding! I went with one without the cladding and am so happy I did. Have a friend who got rear ended at like 5mph, and the damage was in the thousands. It looks horrific and serves no purpose. It's amazing they charge extra for that.

Pleased with my '04 Avalanche
By sburk

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my '04 used with 14,000 miles on it. I have been very pleased so far. My Avalanche does not have the body hardware and is very sharp looking. I am getting about 15 mpg during mostly country driving as high as 19 mpg on highway trips. The interior is extremely comfortable especially on long trips. The ride is solid and quiet. I enjoy the sunroof and Bose stereo. I wish I had leather, but the black sport cloth seats are very nice. The bed cover was somewhat faded when I purchased the vehicle, but after using a product called "Back to Black" it looks like new. This is the perfect truck for a family man. Tons of rear seat space even for adults and I love the midgate versatity.

Sunroof. Bose stereo. Rear seat comfort/room. Bed cover and bed storage compartments. Midgate conversion system. Appearance. I have experienced no mechanical problems

Fairly sluggish at low RPM--starting from a stop until the RPM's are up a little. Accelerating when at highway cruising speed requires significant gas pedal pressure.

trkn4evr
By trkn4evr

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great all around. There are so many little things that make the difference. The foldable back seats are very easy and create so much room, and the panels on the bed are a great invention. I have not had a problem in two years.

Dual climate control. Panels to cover the bed, and the interior comfort.

Making the back window a power window would be my only suggestion.

Avalanches rock!
By Sarah

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

The Avalanche is very easy to drive. mine has the auto 4 wheel drive which I love for the winters in MI. It has awesome steering, I think it manuvers better than my Grand Am did!

I love the locked closed in tailgate. The Avalanche is just like an SUV except you don't have to worry about keeping the carpet clean in the back. There is also a nice rubber mat in the truck bed so that your groceries and stuff don't slide around.

Nice Truck
By Steve

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice, quite functional vehicle with lots of 1st class features. I did have trouble with the tailgate lock that took 3 or 4 trips to the dealer to get properly repaired.

This is a very quiet vehicle that isolates you from the outside world. The Bose stereo is outstanding.

The automatic air system acts confused when the outside temp is nearly the same as the setting.