2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews 5

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Best ride in a truck
By bestarcher on 01/23/06 00:56 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I must say I love this truck. It rides like a big American sedan not a truck. But it is all truck and will carry anything. Only problem I had was the front driverís window got stuck down from ice build up. GM replaced window regulator. Power steering box was replaced, not a common problem.

Hookem
By BigHoss45 on 01/20/06 02:17 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my Burnt Orange (okay Sunset Metalic) Z66 for a little over 1 1/2 years now and have about 15,000 miles on it. It rides and handles just fine. And for a big truck the mileage is good. 14-15 mpg city and 17- 18 mgg highway. The popping noise in the front end is a bit disconcerting. But will take it in to my dealer for a fix.

Great Combo
By Bare on 01/11/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The most comfortable, good looking, safe, rides like a dream and handles that way. The best vehicle I have ever owned, Honda must think so, they copied the style for their new truck. I have not had one problem with this Avalanche.MPG is 18.1 city 22.9 HWY Thats a fact.

TLC
By tlccribbs on 12/04/05 10:43 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a Tahoe before and I needed a truck for work but, I wanted the same amount of comfort and luxury that I had before. I was able to get the best of both worlds with this vehicle. The Avalanche is an outstanding vehicle for play and work.

Great, Great, Great
By HOUSTON on 11/21/05 13:20 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck met most of our expectations. The ride is super smooth, very comfortable and the Bose system if very nice. It turns corners pretty good for a truck.

It's an OK truck!
By ROB on 09/25/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck. I love the capability of offroading. I went through 24" of snow and didnít get stuck. But the EPA estimated fuel mileage not even close truck gets about 8mpg city 12-15mpg EPA estimates are crap and it seems the more gas prices go up the worse the fuel mileage gets, and itís hard on the wallet. Chevy makes great truck but would get better mileage if they put manual available in the Avalanche and offered a diesel, or just added a 5th gear to the automatic.

04 Ave
By Matt in Mass on 08/23/05 09:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Worth every penny. Comforable, reliable. Great gas mileage for a full size truck. Highly recommend!

Ava-Lemon
By Ryan on 08/04/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I love the looks of the truck, but unfortunately it has started to fall apart. So far the front right axle seal had to be replaced, the battery started leaking battery acid all over the windshield washing resevoir; causing it to leak the entirety of its fluid, there's a clunking noise in the front end, and there's also something wrong with the steering column. It'll be a miracle if I ever do business with GM ever again. The policies that their dealerships practice are not consumer friendly and at most have left me aggravated.

dream
By alias on 07/28/05 09:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

it's a blast to dreive this car!

Bossman's Choice Best Yet
By Bossman on 06/30/05 09:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Rides better than my Caddy. Love the ability to convert to a full size truck bed. The steering linkage makes a clicking noise.