Used 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

The best Chevy yet
By jason

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have only had this truck for a while. Made a mistake once we traded for a Jeep. As soon as it was possible we traded back! Now we are happy again. We are a family of 4 and we also have friends that we haul around. Plus I work in the oil patch so I put this truck through the wringer. When gone it sits for days on end in all weather. Plus the trip there and back on of road and no roads. At home it gets put through the family and helping others. Love this truck, it works hard and looks good doing it.

The truck has too many to list

Larger engine. powered back window. This is for all Chevy trucks, raise them up higher.

Best truck since sliced bread
By Pete

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought mine used, could'nt afford a new one. This is the best truck/car/ SUV or whatever on the market. It's loaded, everything you could want from Detroit. 15mpg town, 20-22 mpg highway. Plenty of power to tow and lots of room. Plus it has a built in ice chest.

Power everything. No cladding!

Power mid-gate rear window.

Great truck, but...
By Cmac

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is absolutely great. The ride is surprisingly comfortable, and it is plenty of room for my entire family. I have had two problems that the dealership can not fix, but are not a major problem because I am the only one who drives. The memory seats do not retain their settings, and the CD repeat feature does not work as expected. It seems to play all the tracks up until you hit repeat. The first problem is only a nuisance if my wife happens to hop in to take it for a spin since we are on opposite ends of the height scale.

Midgate with removable rear window.

More pedal distance for adjusting pedals in/out.

Great Vehicle
By Russell McPeake

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Z66 new, it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have over 124,00 miles on it, have done no repairs at all, just maintenance. I still have the original brakes and they were checked when I put new tires on a couple of months ago and they still have 65% of the pads left. I have room for 5 people and can carry all their luggage and then some. I didn't buy it for the gas mileage, but I just drove on vacation and got around 19 mpg, and that was both highway and riding around mileage. I cant complain.

Comfort and ride. My mother has a Cadillac that she bought the day before I bought my Avalanche, and my truck rides as good as her car.

I cant think of anything I would change.

I love my truck!
By CherryChevys

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Haven't had any problems out of it except for the HVAC control door. I still get heat and a/c, but it comes out of the windshield defrostor vent.

Off-road ability. I've gone twice the places in this thing than I did in my Jeep. The 4Lo 4Hi, and AWD auto settings works great together. When ever I start to get stuck i can just run though the settings, and get myself out!

For the Z71 Id make it a little higher, and more powerful, and I'd intergrate a GM factory adjustable brake controller for the vehicle, it would probably work a lot better than the aftermarket ones.