2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Go Avy
By AVVY on 11/03/06 13:28 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Avy is a great vehicle! My only complaint is the fuel cost, but that is because I bought it before gas went through the roof. The ride is great and smooth, and there are a ton of features I love. I use it as a pickup often, and always get what I need done. I recommend this truck to anyone that likes a bit of luxury with the versitility of a pickup truck

Pleased with my '04 Avalanche
By sburk on 10/30/06 10:20 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my '04 used with 14,000 miles on it. I have been very pleased so far. My Avalanche does not have the body hardware and is very sharp looking. I am getting about 15 mpg during mostly country driving as high as 19 mpg on highway trips. The interior is extremely comfortable especially on long trips. The ride is solid and quiet. I enjoy the sunroof and Bose stereo. I wish I had leather, but the black sport cloth seats are very nice. The bed cover was somewhat faded when I purchased the vehicle, but after using a product called "Back to Black" it looks like new. This is the perfect truck for a family man. Tons of rear seat space even for adults and I love the midgate versatity.

trkn4evr
By trkn4evr on 09/28/06 10:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great all around. There are so many little things that make the difference. The foldable back seats are very easy and create so much room, and the panels on the bed are a great invention. I have not had a problem in two years.

Avalanches rock!
By Sarah on 07/23/06 19:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

The Avalanche is very easy to drive. mine has the auto 4 wheel drive which I love for the winters in MI. It has awesome steering, I think it manuvers better than my Grand Am did!

Nice Truck
By Steve on 06/27/06 07:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice, quite functional vehicle with lots of 1st class features. I did have trouble with the tailgate lock that took 3 or 4 trips to the dealer to get properly repaired.

Love My Avalanche
By Jack on 04/27/06 07:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has been wonderfully comfortable to drive. Easy to turn, drive. I get 20 MPG with the 5.3 liter motor, though most of my miles are highway. Glad I bought this truck.

Best Personal Use Truck Yet
By mjjust on 03/01/06 20:19 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has to be the best personal use truck on the market. 16 mpg city, 22 mpg on highway, tows my 7000 pound boat without trouble, rides great, and comes standard with removable bed cover, built in locking storage (which work great as an ice chest), bed mat, etc. No mechanical issues, warranty expired without ever needing service.

Awsome Truck
By marro1 on 03/01/06 16:48 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rides like a dream! I have found no other brand of truck that rides as smooth and quiet. Everyone who has been a passenger in this vehicle is extremly surprised at the quality of the ride. People find it hard to believe it's a truck!

Great versatility
By David Hrivnak on 02/05/06 22:04 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The versatility of the truck is unmatched. I have been able to use two tiered hauling, filling the area under cargo panels and then stacking an equal amount of weight and stuff on top. I can haul 2 yards of mulch in the back, hose it off and go out to a nice dinner that night.

High miler
By Fred S on 01/30/06 15:22 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have put over 65,000 miles on my Avalanche in two and a half years. The only problem was that the tailgate latch broke. On the highway I get between 18 and 21 MPG even on the 75 MPH interstates. I have hauled 12 ft. 2x12's inside with the tailgate closed. The bed cover is secure yet easy to remove. In short it is a GREAT vehcle with multi-talents.