Used 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

I LOVE IT!!
By KEVIN A . TAYLOR

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'VE HAD MY AVALANCH FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW. GAS MILAGE ISNT GREAT BUT FEASABLE. I AVERAGE ABOUT 350 MILES A TANK. ABOUT $47 TO FILL UP FROM EMPTY AT ABOUT $1.79 A GALLON. REGULAR UNLEADED SEEMS TO PERFORM BEST IN THE ENGINE. POWER IS GOOD ALTHOUGH THROTTLE RESPONSE COULD STAND TO BE A TAD BETTER. SOME OF THE INTERIOR IS SOMEWHAT CHEAP BUILD BUT MANAGEABLE.

I LIKE THAT THE REAR WALL CAME OUT. I HAD THE REAR WALL REMOVED (WHICH ONLY TOOK ABOUT 10 MIN TO SLIDE OUT) AND A NEW WALL MADE OF MDF INSTALLED AND A SUB ENCLOSURE BUILT INTO THE BACK OF IT FOR MY SUBS. DIDNT HAVE TO SPEND MONEY DEFACING THE TRUCK BY HAVING ANYTHING CUT OR DRILLED.

GAS MILAGE. THE INTERIOR COULD BE OF SLIGHTLY BETTER BUILD QUALITY. LESS FLIMSY PLASTIC AND MAYBE MORE STANDARD FEATURES. ALSO NEXT YEAR COLOR KEY THE PLASTIC AROUND THE BED. MAYBE AN SS VERSION BUT THAT MIGHT BE ASKING FOR TOO MUCH BUT ID TRADE MINE FOR ONE.

Great truck or whatever it is.
By Lee Blackwell III

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I also have a 2003 Dodge 4 door SLT the Chevy did cost more but its worth every bit. Excelent ride drives great and has enough power to pull my 24 foot cabin boat with no problem. I love it.

The interior room and the storage verry handy.

The radio isent bad but could be better.

great for tall drivers
By nice truck

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i'm 6'5" tall, can sit up straight and see out winshield without ducking, have saved $ and actually eliminated chiropractor visits.

only problem has been tailgate, locks needed fixing, gate fell down if it waqsn't manually locked.

A happy owner
By Richard Wantz

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

Simply the best truck with a design that is unequalled within the truck and SUV industry.

Its design and performance

Nothing I can think of ...

Fall Apart with $1,332/89. owner pays.
By Fall Apart

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Total mileage 37,011. Failure of bearings in the differential; Failure, bearing in rear axle on passenger side. Leak in same bearing. Oil lelaked onto emergency brakes. Cost me $1,332.89. 9. Designed to fail at 1,011 miles beyond warranty???? Dealer claiming no GM responsibilty. Results (2).. 1. I pay the bill. (2) Toyota has genuine, non mis-leading total quality throughout. Chev Avalanche taught me to avoid GM PRODUCTS. I AM PURCHASING A TOYOTA AVALON as soon as my Avalanche is available from its costly repairs. READER: Are you capable of learning from the above experience. It's only your money.

Upgrade the quality of the vehicle.