2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: 2004 Chevy Avalanche 4x4

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

1500 Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed)

2004 Chevy Avalanche 4x4
By Gus on

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My first impression was how dumb it was to merge an suv and truck. I test drove it and I fell in love. Like me, I don't work construction or in a farm and I don't tow heavy but have a good size family. This vehicle is intended for those city dwellers that like to camp, drive on vacation or have to take a trip to the dump. It has been so wonderful to be able to provide such a diversity when needed and GM had given me the tool. I replaced items that I feel I wanted to change to have peace of mind and not because the manual says so. It has not leaked, stopped cause any issues let alone a check engine light.

Exterior cladding because it has been hit at the market many times and not dents or scratches. However, I can't speak for theirs. Great reliability, versatility overall appearance and handling. My kids love the rear window out and sunroof opened.

Due to the poor design of the rear visibility, why not provide a rear sensor or back up camera for safety purposes. Provide a bit more room in the cabin, especially when the rear seats are down.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review