2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Awesome SUV/TRUCK
By dominicandominator on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Amazing performance, smooth ride, classic looks, Sense of well being (high enough) from any possible damage on an accident. !!!DOCTOR RECOMENDED!!!

2004 z71 avalanche
By dandi on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my avalanche. I own and show quarter horses as well as live on a farm. This vehicle has saved feed and other cargo many times since we have owned it from getting wet and unusable. I love the interior. It is comfortable and drives almost as smooth as a car. I do have the Bose sound system and satilite radio. It is a great system. Overall this is a great vehicle.

It "aint" my old farm truck
By imbid on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Stylish, comfortable and fun to drive. This truck is fully equipped with all the bells and whistles including on star and XM radio. Comfort is high on my priority list. The interior space is very comfortable and roomy, including the seats and with the Driver Convience package, every thing is easy to reach. The 5.3 leaves a little to be desired on the getaway and the breaks are a little to firm to the touch and stopping the truck takes a little getting used to. Over all, it is the best truck of its class that I have ever owned, and I have driven pickups for more than 45 years.

truck
By es89+4 on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

its cool and sleek and very cool to drive it is like a rock

like a rock
By melven mikell on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

overall i love my vehicle. sometimes it clicks and makes a few extra sounds that my car that i drove before did not make. the truck i test drove did the same thing so without any problem i have to assume that's normal. i love my chevy pickup and so does my kids.

Avalanche-best by far
By SEEFUS on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has by far the best ride and comfort of any I have owned. It pulls great and gets acceptable mpg. Houling stuff in an enclosed and dry area has been great.Every one loves the way it looks, drives and does its job.I have compared it to the 04 fords and its just that much better in every day driving its no contest.

This one is my Second
By Spoc166 on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my first one in June of 2002, I lived it so much that I traded it for a 2004 which I ordered from the manufacturer. There were some options in 2002 that I wanted that were not offered (ie: dual zone heating 6cd in dash changer and steering wheel controls) These are now being offered and have been since 2003 this fact and the great new color sport met. red mask my new Avalanche the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Love it!
By Wall on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best riding 4x4 and maybe vehicle I have ever had. Much better seats than in Chevy's pickup line. Fuel economy is average 16-18mpg. Tows well and is good off road. I put 20,000 miles on a 2003 and traded it off on a 2004.

life saver
By rs on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning the Avalanche less than a week it was struck on the driver side rear door by a full size car traveling 35 m.p.h.+ and was spun off the road and down in a ditch Not only did the vehicle stay upright my 2 small children in the back seat escaped injury from the impact

perfect truck
By curts on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We absolutley love this truck!I drive it around town and take frequent road trips.Handles itself perfectly in both situations.Great for hauling our crew and those stops to home depot.