2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
A fine machine
By Keith Shealy on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle after a under the influence driver totaled my Blazer. I was looking for a huge vehicle such as a Suburban but have always prefered a truck. I have been extremely pleased with the power (enough to pull our camper and equipment with power to spare). My wife finds this vehicle so comfortable to ride in she always falls asleep in the passenger seat when I am driving. I would have to say that I am a very, very satified customer.

Chevrolet Has Really Improved
By HMC on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had many options to buy a truck but loved the overall style of the Avalanche. The ride is very smooth even with the z71 package. I really haven't had to use the rear window bit yet but it looks simple enough. This is a big truck that takes some use to backing up etc. There are tons of options available on this truck and mine has all of them which really make this a $40,000 vehicle. I already have 7,000 miles and no major issues EXCEPT the a/c expansion value which is located on or very near the fire wall makes a lourd sound that is annoying. This shouldn't be in a $40,000 vehicle. Overall, very pleased with the vehicle.

I LOVE MY TRUCK!
By BIRDBRAIN on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

BY FAR THE BEST AND MOST FUN VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED. I WOULD NOT GIVE IT UP FOR ANYTHING.

BEST TRUCK I EVER HAD!
By Donny on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really love this truck! It's awesome style and sleek look really turns heads. My wife WAS NOT a real big truck fan until she drove the Avalanche. I only had the truck 45 minutes and I had the windows tinted and 22" rims put on it "IT REALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE" My friends call it a AVA-CADE or ESCA-LANCHE.now don't steal my name. HA HA HA Thanks, Donny from MARRERO LOUISIANA

we love it!
By sunshine25026 on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

only had the avalanche for a couple of weeks but we love it...would not have another vehicle.

GREAT
By ARI DELGADO on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

THE G.M SHOULD HAVE A STYLE SET FOR THE Z 65 AND THE Z 71 MODELS THEY WILL COME WITH A TYPE OF PACKEGS SET UP SAME TYPE OF FENDERS AND THE OUY SIDE THE SAME AND THE INTIRIOR I HAD A 2003 KIA SORENTO E.X AND THEY COME ALL THE SAME AND THE L.X WAS DIFFERENT, BUT WE ARE VERRY HAPPY WITH THE AVALANCH I NEVER THOUTH IT WAS GOING TO BE SO COMFTERBALL THANK YOU ARI DELGADO

Great Vehicle
By ckellerman on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As a long time P/U owner, this adds luxury while keeping some P/U utility. The leather, sound, programables, etc. all make the Av. comfortable and fun to operate.

GOOD
By DANNY MEYERS on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

A VERY NICE TRUCK

Go Buy it.
By Darth on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 40,000 miles on my 4WD Avalanch and never had problem. They did this model right. I change the oil and filter every 3000 miles and rotate the tires every 14000, Still have orginal tires in good shape. I get 17.5 miles per gal on the highway, which is not bad for the size of the truck. The ride is great and it is fun to drive. I also love the conversion to carry extra long lumber. I would by another one if I could afford it.

grows on you
By luvtheav on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

4000 miles driven so no long term reliability comments. Impresive ride considering the size. Some may complain of numb steering but I find it just fine. I suggest the 4.10 rear ratio for more spirited local driving.