Used 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

The Big Dog
By blainejrjeni

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has to be THEE "BEST" truck we ever owned, and we have owned ALOT of trucks and cars due to I work at a Chevy Dealership, We named her the BIG DOG, she is great all the way around , good on gas beleive it are not, we ge LOTS of looks on here people telling us what a beautiful truck, she is Bright red, and we didnt take the amour the plastic bottom didnt like that, she has Dual exhaust, chrome running boards and her personalized bug sheild............IAM THE "BIG" DOG!!!, she just is a reall looker from every direction! And we have LOTS of fun with her and its just a great Truck all the way around.

Her Bright Red Color and dark interior

NONE

review
By jett2502

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a 2003 Avalance and presently own a 2004 Avalanche. I've been very impressed with quality of ride and reliability (I had the 03 in the shop one time for a click in the driver's door) and have yet to have the 04 in the shop. Versitility is this vehicle's greatest asset. It's like having a family vehicle that can be quickly converted into a pickup truck. Fuel mileage is well above average for an engine and truck of this size (15 city and 19.3 highway). The 130 inch wheelbase makes it practical for city driving and parking.

Quality of assembly.

The only complaint I have on both the 03 and 04 models is the unavailability of lumbar support with the cloth interior.

Not Without Its Flaws...
By Realtor01

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A superb effort on the part of GM to provide an excellent SUV/truck hybrid. Vehicle was in shop three times due to computer issues but afterwards has been fine since then. A lot of cabin space makes sure you are not on top of each other. Back seat passengers enjoy great legroom and comfortable seats. Used mid-gate fold down to haul a Christmas tree last year. Lots of small storage portions on the back of the pick-up bed surround. Great sunroof lets the outside in. OnStar is a blessing should you run into any crisis no matter how mild. There is something to be said about having someone on standby to help you if you get into an accident. XM Radio is beauitful. Exterior still turns heads.

Cabin space, XM radio, OnStar, mid- gate fold down, tonneau cover, ride height.

Fuel economy. If Chrysler can do it, so can GM. Better fit & finish. Getting things from under tonneau cover can be a pain (groceries).

Versatile !
By John Mendel

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Always like to brag to my friends how I love this truck. They are usually very informed after talkin to me about it, I cant give it enough Kudos.... TY GM

Body molding Mid-gate ( finally an above average PU I can put my 8' step ladder in !)

Hey ! GM ! How bout an electric lock for that tailgate ! @#%$#@$$## (with remote?) SUPER IDEA !!!

solid value
By allycat

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Utility of a truck & seating of a SUV. Best thing they ever did was offer this truck without the body hardware. I wouldn't even consider this truck until they offered a "naked" version, it looks great. Overall the truck has a soft ride that could be more responsive, but it is better than the typical leaf spring rear end of a pickup. The interior is very roomy and comfortable, but as expected, the cabin has average materials that is typical of a GM product. I would have happily paid $500 more for this vehicle if they would have come up with better interior components (knobs, switches , door panels,etc). Overall I felt this was a good value for the money

No body hardware

Invest in better power window components, switches, etc.