Used 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Excellent Vehicle With Lots of Utility
By PilotGuy

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Extremely solid vehicle with engine performance that exceeds expectations. It handles well, especially on tight corners. The interior design is very user friendly and the BOSE sound system is far superior to any factory installed system I have ever heard.

Favorite Features

BOSE Audio Satellite Radio option Auto-Dimming rearview mirror power folding mirrors for the car wash lockable cargo box comfortable seats power sunroof

Avalanche For President
By Striker

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased a Chevy Avalanche. I have wanted one since I laid eyes on one for the first time. I finally was able t obuy one, so of course I got the exact one that I wanted....a Dark Blue Metallic, loaded with everything but a DVD System. I get lots of looks with it, and everyone that gets in it loves it. I have shown people the Avalanche, and most have never actually been inside one, or don't know what it does, with the drop down "midgate" which turns it into a pickup. I am a SCUBA Diver, so the Avalanche is the perfect vehicle for me, with the secured box to keep all my dive gear locked up and secure. I love the way the interior is laid out also. I can't say enough about it!

Favorite Features

I think my favorite things about the Avalanche are its rugged good looks, versatility, and ease of driving. I also love the steering wheel controls, and the sound system, complete with XM Satellite Radio. The Bose speakers sounds great, even at a high volume. I get nothing but comliments!!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think of to improve the Avalanche, is maybe a little better fuel economy, and a little more resistance in the steering wheel. It turns so easily, it takes some getting used to trying to keep it steady while driving. Other than that, I have no problems with the vehicle whatsoever

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By FredTem

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After driving this truck for the last couple of months, it has become my favorite vehicle ever. I have owned 8 different vehicles (Passat, Jetta, Corolla, Ranger, Grand Cherokee, 633CSI, and a Broncho) in the last 14 years, but this is my first GM product and my favorite out of the bunch. GM succeeded in making a believer out of me. Comfortable ride, easy to use gauages, and commanding view of the road as well as a very capable off the showroom floor 4x4 system. I have recommend at least test driving one if you are in the market for a new truck.

Favorite Features

Steering Wheel controls,mid-gate, and XM radio!!

Suggested Improvements

Living in California, of course improved gas mileage. Better quality dash materials.

solid truck for the money
By elloco1974

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

is a very good truck for the money, I like the fact that you can put almost anything in the bed under the cover is great, and the look without the body armor.

Favorite Features

Powerful V8, roomy for the entire family.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage is OK for a truck this size, but if you guys can come up with something to better the mileage that will be great, $2.09 per gallon is getting hard.

Great Vehicle
By penrose

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First week with about 200 miles on it. Sold my 2003 Dodge for a 2004 Z66 and this is quite an upgrade as far as ride and comfort. Taking $10,000 off the sticker didn't hurt either.

Favorite Features

Ride, seat comfort and no plastic body hardware.

Suggested Improvements

May sound petty, but redesign the center armrest. Add more padding or get rid of the plastic center. Speaking of plastic, the interior has plenty to look at. I would consider modernizing the interior if I were Chevrolet.