2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
i want 10 more
By elb on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this is by far the best truck i have bought.i WILL buy another 1. we r currently looking to buy a new 1. fuel economy is not bad for its size. a great buy.

I luv my Lanche
By mwa on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

best truck on da road

great vehicle
By gmpoohbear on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutly love this vehicle, no problems,great quality built vehicle,perfect paint,no flaws anywhere except only average 18.8 mpg.

It's big!
By phillipsjohnr on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a Jeep Cherokee, Isuzu Trooper, and Toyota 4Runner and the Avalanche is by far the roomiest SUV I've owned. It's also the most powerful. While the model I bought doesn't have all the amenities of past vehicles, it does have everything I want. It drives smoothly and quietly. The Bose stereo with XM it decent and I'm still experimenting with the Midgate conversion options. The only downside - filling up with gas...

Great Truck
By Ryan M. Eashoo on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck, well designed.

my avalanche
By mertsdad on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this is just based on my over all experiance of my own avalanche.

Jim's lanche
By dimitri on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 8 bmws 4 mercedes 1 porsche,and about 8 others in my 26 years of driving. My Avalanche is the best multi-task car/truck I have owned. Comfort looks and room are the highs, power, gas and transmision are the low points. My last car was a BMW 4.6; The other ones I have now is 04 SL500, Audi Allroad.

Accept no substitute!!
By Skywolf on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

There is no truck better than the Avalanche. Nothing even comes close to the Ride, Quality, and Value of the Chevrolet Avalanche Z71. This truck rides like a luxury car, has a better turning ratio than smaller trucks I have owned, and has the power to pull whatever you want. It doesn't even know my 20 foot boat is back there. Then you have the well thought out interior and all the wonderful options. I have looked around and there is no other truck/suv that can compare. Some have size. Some have power. Some have the options. None of them have the whole package like the Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 does!

Avafun
By packoo on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Strong engine that gets thirsty with the AC on... Great for those who like Suburban type vechicle and needs the occasional pick up truck features... Body hardware useful in parking lots, plastic does well vs doors and carts slamming into it. All windows down with midgate up gives an airy feel without getting blown away on highway.

horrible
By daviddandersonsr on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this vehicle leaks loads of dust into the cab and bed, the torque is too low for large loads, the storage boxes on the outside of the bed are useless(leak dust and water), back seat room is very limited for an adult on an extended road trip, dvd player doesn't rotate to side views(you have to sit in the middle of the rear seat), rear radio controls are confusing to use, exterior plastic trim is poorly attached to the body and makes a lot of noise at road speed because it buffets in the wind, seats are hard and impossible to adjust to a comfortable position, you cannot load a 4-wheeler in the bed.