2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Great Truck
By Kurt G on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All around best ride in a pickup on and off road. Interior comfort is great. Ample engine power I have never had any problem on hills even while towing. The Chevy Avalanche has been the most reliable truck I've owned.

big toy
By kenw on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

drove to New Hampshire on first outing, and was amazed at the handling on the highway and back roads,

Avid AV Owner
By tims garage on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After leasing a 1999 Chevy Tahoe I was pleasntly surprised to find out I didn't have to give up any comfort or performance when I moved UP to a Avalanche. Now I can Hall some dirty stuff if I need to without ruining my interrior.

I love my Avalanche
By Barbara Foster on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As a female business owner, I found my personal car being messed up with work items. I like all the "bells & whistles" of a luxery car. Avalanche was the only logicial choice for me. Beautiful styling. It handles great & the convience of the covered bed is fantastic. I'm really surprised how much I have used the bed and how easy it is to convert the back seat area to enlarge the bed size. Gas consumption is too high. I average approx. 13 mpg city. I'm a short female & access is difficult. There is a running board, but needs a small step that pops out upon opening the front doors, access would be much easier for short or disabled people.

So far so good
By kilowattman on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Im very happy so far. We took a trip to Wa.from So. Cal. The ride was great, only problem was on a long stait away, I decided to open it up and at a 100 mph the computer shut it down to an idle untill I dropped under 95mph. Did not even feel like we were doing 80mph.

2 for one
By gKato on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 01 Tahoe Z-71 for the Avalanche. So far, I love the vehicle. More room and storage than my Tahoe, and rides better. We just packed for the weekend camp trip with a 5000lb tailer, 2 inflatables, cooking BBQ, fishing gear, bikes, tables, chairs, etc, and we still have room to spare!

Avalanche
By COY ALBRITTON on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The first avalanche I purchased was a Z66 2002, and another one, a Z71 2002, Kept the Z66 for 26 months with 34000 miles, traded for a 2004 Z66, plan to trade the Z71 soon for a 2005 Z71. I am 71 years and have driven Fords most of my life, The last Ford I had was a 2001 4X4 super crew at the time I purchased the first avalanche, six months later I traded for the Z71

Avalanche 2WD Z66
By mbh212 on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Avalanche. Having owned a 2002 I was extremely pleased with the design and especially the smooth ride.

Happy
By Mike/Lisa on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I finaly found a vehicle that fits all my wants and needs.We use it as a truck a car,a rec vehicle,that fits my family

great vehicle
By gmpoohbear on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutly love this vehicle, no problems,great quality built vehicle,perfect paint,no flaws anywhere except only average 18.8 mpg.